Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamy Window View Post
    Excuse my ignorance

But is the above pack solely for the purpose of carrying water are there other compartments to carry kit?
    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
    Excuse my ignorance

But is the above pack solely for the purpose of carrying water are there other compartments to carry kit?
    As per the spec in that link, there is 10 litres of cargo capacity in addition to the bladder. Saw a guy with one of these a while ago - they are fairly small, in fairness. Would be wondering if you would not be better off with a daysack with a bladder in it - more cargo space.
    Last edited by FMolloy; 1st April 2007 at 00:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Truck Driver is right, These packs, aside from carrying the bladder, are only useful for carrying your lunch. And not a big lunch either..............

Post Thanks / Like
    When carrying the bergen my platypus goes in the top pouch of the bergen and has worked fine for me.

Other than that I have a day sack which has an pocket on the back which is able to accomodate the platypus but it wasn't designed for it.

Seems a waste of money to buy a backpack just for the purpose of carrying water unless you are entering into the The Marathon Des Sables.
    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like

Hydration Packs for sale

Source Irish DPM Hydration Pack for sale. Also, Source Water bladder with Irish DPM cover. Mint condition. Only used a few times.

If interested, pm me with an offer. Highest offer wins. I am in Dublin btw but can post to anywhere if you want to pay for postage.

Thanks.
    ''To go for a drink is one thing. To be driven to it is another''. Michael Collins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, looking for a recommendation for a hydration system (just the water pouch, not a combined water pouch/daysack)

Looking for:

• Something I can order via PayPal if at all possible

• Something sturdy and not too pricey

• A dealer who will ship to Ireland

Something like this would fit the bill, but these guys don't do online shipping outside of mainland UK. Don't want to be ringing up if I can help it...

http://www.strikeforcesupplies.co.uk...stock&id=20108

Over to ye.... thanks in advance for any suggestions
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 25th April 2013 at 15:45.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    i got the exact same one new on e-bay two years ago no bother great piece of kit

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-DPM-Camo-...#ht_500wt_1054
    Last edited by madmark; 25th April 2013 at 15:59. Reason: add link
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Britis...item51ab7c0798

Use parcel motel to Norn Iron, no real difference between Camelbaks and Source just get whichever is cheapest. If you just want the bladder and no camo cover with little shoulder straps it'll be cheaper again.

9. Likes madmark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers gents
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madmark View Post
    i got the exact same one new on e-bay two years ago no bother great piece of kit

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-DPM-Camo-...#ht_500wt_1054
    Just ordered one from this site, Madmark, cheers

12. Likes madmark liked this post

Thread Information