No announcement yet.

DPM Webbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to Mr Protac and he said that he was approached recently to do the order.From what i have gathered he has already started the work.
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

I'll talk to Mrs Protac, and Miss Protac maybe in Duncannon and see if they are in agreement....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Dont see a problem with Protac filling the order from what ive heard their stuff is top notch just pricey.
        Never actually got any of their kit its a bit of a treck out to the curragh sans car.
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Unless he gets a lot more manufacturing capability or sub-contracts it to another crowd, I don't think Protac would be able to fix or probuce webbing in the quantity the DF requires.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Afternoon, As i think i already said Protac PLCE (New British Model/Standard) CEFO and CEMO is already been used by members of a unit in Kildare, The Protac equipment is top notch as i have a set myself it was purchased for this reason but is expensive around 200-250Eur this is what PLCE actually costs for decent IRR treated equipment and for very good standard of work etc...

I am unsure whether of Protac still has the capability for a larger production run but i doubt it would be that difficult for them to start it up as they have had previous experience at larger production to my knowlegde. the feed back from users in the PDF of the this equipment is very good especially compered to chinese stuff which was laughed off appartently. So there could be some truth in the rumour the Army are looking for further amounts i doubt it would be for the whole supply of PLCE to the whole Army.

As there a rumour circulating that the new Body Armour being purchased will be similiar to MOLLE system with attachment for pouches etc.. buts that just a rumour i heard recently. So i hope this sheds abit more information on the topic.
            British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
            Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Originally posted by The Blue Max
              I doubt it would be that difficult for them to start it up as they have had previous experience at larger production to my knowlegde. the feed back from users in the PDF of the this equipment is very good especially compered to chinese stuff
              They'd need a bigger premises, more machinery & a greater number of skilled staff. They had a bigger facility before, but I don't think it was that large. Producing something in the number of 12,000 good quality sets of full CEFO would be a greater task than you seem to think it is.

If they can, well done, but it would be a big contract & therefore by definition a big deal.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Tripper
                I was talking to Mr Protac and he said that he was approached recently to do the order.From what i have gathered he has already started the work.
                There's been no tender notice published for such work, as has been the norm in recent years. Military contracts can be exempted from going to tender, but I'm not aware of this happening in Ireland.

Comment

Didn't we see a tender invitation recently for personal load carrying equipment?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

There was a tender for 12,000 rucksacks & accessories. I think people are taking the 'accessories' bit to mean CEFO, but the tender goes on to describe them as accessories for the rucksacks themselves.

Comment

The tender is for 12000 90L rucksacks and 12000 35L shoot and scoot bags.
                      That is from the horses mouth.

Comment

who eactly is the horse
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I cannot reveal my sources.
                          T'would be reckless.

Comment

shergar maybe?
                            An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

a mate of mine from the bruagha was in the Pln who tested the new cefo,cemo..he said it was being recalled due to its poor standerd..his instructors who tested it felt the same..

Comment

Working...
                              X