Army Archives.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Archives.

I believe the army archives are kept in Collins Barracks. Can anyone give me more information. Who's in charge? What access is there? Do they accept postal/e-mail queries? Have they a website? (I can't find one on Google)

Many thanks.

I thought that military archives are in the Brugha, I doubt they have a website outside of military.ie and probably do not have email access. Postal is the way to go. I don't know who the new head of military archives is.

Comment

go postal?
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Why not, it might bring a bit of excitement to the Brugha:D

Comment

Official Military Archives are in Portobello Barracks

Check out military.ie for some descriptive stuff about them. It's actually quite good.

However, each long-established unit with offficers and NCOs mindful of tradition also keeps records and unit logs, which themselves are military archives of a sort. Sometimes this develops into a little museum - the Connacht Ranger museum in Renmore being a lovely example.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Actually its Cathal Brugha Barracks,not since the renameing has it been called Portobello,
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I'll remember that.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The research room is small, only 4 desks so you need to call for an appointment. Other than that the staff are very helpful. Have not been in there for a while so not sure who is the current SO. I think I have the phone number around here somewhere. Will send to anyone who wants it.:flagwave:

Comment

From http://www.military.ie/military_archives/index.html

Officer Commanding Military Archives, Cathal Brugha Bks, Rathmines, Dublin 6. Telephone 00-353-1-8046457.

Comment

Working...
                  X