No announcement yet.

Drydocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is 1 of the very few multi vessel drydock tenders. 4 vessels in a year for a total of 11 weeks scheduled drydocking

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
      I remember seeing and posting a tender for the upgrade etc of berths in Haulbowline but can’t find it
      Found it

Comment

• Some very wide ranging plans there. Its completion will be a huge step for the NS if completed as planned.
        I like the idea of using the graving dock as berthage for not one but 2 P60s. The only pity was the absence of plans to renew the caisson, the lock gate. This was originally designed to close off either the Drydock entrance or the main entrance to the basin. The old one still floats like some form of capsized submarine.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• It could become a Theme Park , The Simpsons Radioactive Park ,
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• When was this published?

Comment

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
              When was this published?
              July 17

Comment

• Very pleased that some real development plans on naval berthage are to be put in hand. Using the Graving Dock as planned should only be temporary with a resolve to cover it in as an all weather repair dock. perhaps even resurrect it's drydocking past. Someone said there may be a gate lying around post Chatham closure. Anyway this is good news for the Nine ship future.

Comment

• What’s the current plan for the ISPAT site to the West of the Basin?

Comment

What’s the current plan for the ISPAT site to the West of the Basin?
                    It needs cleanup before anything is formalised. Its cleanup is actually more complex than the east tip, due to the nature of the contamination. There is all nature of obstructions above ground disguising deep pools of toxic waste. What look like puddles are often deep drains. There was once a plan to use it as a secure staging area for vehicles & equipment due to go overseas.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• The current plan for west of the basin is surely contained within the RFT for development of berthage at Haulbowline. The west site was the position of the steel works and would have been masses of concrete foundations , bins, and industrial steel buildings, now mostly gone. The development potential would hardly go ahead if it were not feasible for the reasons implied.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                        It needs cleanup before anything is formalised. Its cleanup is actually more complex than the east tip, due to the nature of the contamination. There is all nature of obstructions above ground disguising deep pools of toxic waste. What look like puddles are often deep drains. There was once a plan to use it as a secure staging area for vehicles & equipment due to go overseas.
                        Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                        The current plan for west of the basin is surely contained within the RFT for development of berthage at Haulbowline. The west site was the position of the steel works and would have been masses of concrete foundations , bins, and industrial steel buildings, now mostly gone. The development potential would hardly go ahead if it were not feasible for the reasons implied.
                        I mean the factory site (I use the term loosely (as opposed to the East Tip)). From the tender it looks like they are cleaning it up and capping it (they are worried about services being able to route through it (eg water mains) in the tender.

If they are worried about that I’m sure structures requiring any kind of foundations on that site are out to?

Comment

• Secure fencing to separate the West Wall quay and its access routes from the remainder of the ISPAT site, which may not be under the future control of the Naval Service, shall also be required.
                          Assume this means that this area may become another public park and further erosion of naval services property on the island.
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                            Assume this means that this area may become another public park and further erosion of naval services property on the island.
                            Hence my question. The West Wall Quay isn’t the site of the public park, it is the plant site - there doesn’t appear to be a plan for it yet (apart from capping it).

NS square, vehicle park, storage yard, prefab type Accomodiation anyone?

Comment

Hence my question. The West Wall Quay isn’t the site of the public park, it is the plant site - there doesn’t appear to be a plan for it yet (apart from capping it).

NS square, vehicle park, storage yard, prefab type Accomodiation anyone?
                              The development of the west wall and graving dock area will absorb most of the territory available between the basin and the abandoned IS buildings. The area is mostly capped with masses of concrete to withstand handling steel production and smelting. The area will be needed in the future to handle military cargoes. What goes there will be determined by need and events.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                                The development of the west wall and graving dock area will absorb most of the territory available between the basin and the abandoned IS buildings. The area is mostly capped with masses of concrete to withstand handling steel production and smelting. The area will be needed in the future to handle military cargoes. What goes there will be determined by need and events.
                                It reads like the factory site is being capped in more concrete

Comment

Working...
                                X