Army blind to value of laser surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tribunius View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you but you won't meet the requirements for cadets. I was in the same boat a few years ago.
    what about recruits?

Comment

Same standard required I think

Comment

i dont know why i had it in my head that recruit was as long as your better than -3 and cadets had to be better than -1
        il have to look in to it more.I want to be 100% sure of wether im of standard as its something ive wanted to do my whole life.
        has anyone here ever gotten laser eye surgery and got recruited without problems?

Comment

I have heard there is a difference but I can't say if its turn or not.

The numbers they talk about are in reference to the metric Snellen chart. The one with the rows of progressively smaller letters on it that we have all seen. 6/18 equates to about the fourth line down from the top. Comparing to a prescription its somewhere around -1 to -1.25.

I suggest that anyone reading this talk with their optometrist to confirm everything before making a decision.
          "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Tribunius View Post
            I have heard there is a difference but I can't say if its turn or not.

The numbers they talk about are in reference to the metric Snellen chart. The one with the rows of progressively smaller letters on it that we have all seen. 6/18 equates to about the fourth line down from the top. Comparing to a prescription its somewhere around -1 to -1.25.

I suggest that anyone reading this talk with their optometrist to confirm everything before making a decision.
            If your are correct with -1.25 I hope my eyesight improves. Its been fluctuating ever so slightly since I was 13,t he optician said it would probably level off by 18-20 and I asked the optician and he were'nt sure of the standard needed, although he just got the job as an optician so..

Comment

Has there been any update on this policy? The newest documentation I can find is for the 2012 cadetship competition.

Comment

I think the website just ate my message. I'm a young fella and not used to the forum format.

Anyway, does anyone know if the policy was updated or even reviewed? There seems to be conflicting replies in the thread

Comment

Working...
                X