This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Lads this is an excellent constructive thread please don't ruin it.
    Humour, senses of, quantity: 1.
    Drop into the stores anytime and get one.

Comment

• Its not on the scale of issue for the reserve.

Is this thread stickied yet?
      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• whats stickied
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• A couple more handy hints.
          Hot ,wet tea bags are great for cleaning hexi residu of the bottom of your metal mug/mess tins.
          A good way to deal with blisters in to pierce tem with a sterile needl,squeeze out the gunk and then dry off.Then apply a little bonjela.Then cover with a clean dressing and some zinc oxide tape.Why bonjela you ask(so did i when the medic did it?)ok it contains an anasthetic(choline salicylate i think ,any chemists out there to confirm/deny this?)that numbs the area.Works a treat!!
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Do ration packs not come with that anti septic gel anymore? Was great stuff for blisters
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Odin_ie View Post
              Do ration packs not come with that anti septic gel anymore? Was great stuff for blisters
              The last one I got (July 2005) didn't.

Comment

• yes bonjela contains choline salicylate, a relative of asprin(it says what is in all medicines on their packaging or a leaflet inside it). and no the ration packs don't contain any antiseptics
                Last edited by MOB87; 16 October 2006, 01:57.
                The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
                They were wrong.

Comment

• That was one of the best things in there and was thrown away most of the time....what a shame they got rid of it
                  What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• do people not hoarde everything useful from their rat packs before throwing away the stuff that they wouldn't use?
                    The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
                    They were wrong.

Comment

• I used to but the mot complained ... see the Marine Corps ration pack post in the Humour thread.
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Mag Gunner

I often heard of getting a 58 pattern water bottle pouch and cutting the lid off, then insert the 2 metal lugs on the back of the pouch into the 2 holes of the feed tray and bending them so they stay them with a pliers.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlehorse View Post
                          I often heard of getting a 58 pattern water bottle pouch and cutting the lid off, then insert the 2 metal lugs on the back of the pouch into the 2 holes of the feed tray and bending them so they stay them with a pliers.
                          what are you talking about???
                          WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snacker View Post
                            what are you talking about???
                            Pouch for the GPMG
                            Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                              Pouch for the GPMG
                              As far as I know, these can be bought.

... this mob do a good line in stuff. Unfortunately, not all of their pouches
                              are done in both OD and DPM
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• I fell around laughing when I saw the ad for this item on a well known "other" irish site that sells military gear.

Zipits:
                                Tired of sleeping in your boots? Ever tried to lace up your boots at 3 in the morning when your patrol harbour is being hit up?
                                Who unlaces their boots when resting off in a patrol harbour I sincerely hope its not to remove them completely??

Heres a tip, DONT take your boots off, then you can run away while the enemy aims at your stationary comrade trying to zip his boots up heh heh heh
                                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                                X