Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes cause in Chad or Afghanistan or other Sun Holiday destinations, nail polish remover, acetone and cheap deodourant and aftershave are the essential things to carry on patrol!
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
      Yes cause in Chad or Afghanistan or other Sun Holiday destinations, nail polish remover, acetone and cheap deodourant and aftershave are the essential things to carry on patrol!
      Well.......yes actually! Most section commanders/pln commanders in our unit carry nail polish remover to wipe nirex/maps clean. Without it admin would be next to impossible. All the guys on herrick brought out that kind of kit with them too as far as I know.

Considering on ops you are going to be giving at least 1 set of orders a day as a platoon commander stuff like nail polish remover is absolutely essential. (using nail polish remover and lumocolours is what is thaught at sandhurst)
      Last edited by Turncoat; 5 March 2009, 09:25.
      Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
        Yes cause in Chad or Afghanistan or other Sun Holiday destinations, nail polish remover, acetone and cheap deodourant and aftershave are the essential things to carry on patrol!
        Why would you be removing info from your maps- orders etc

during a patrol or an operation

why not wait till you get back to base and then use the cheap aftershave etc

thats what we uSoldiers on overseas missions used to do-and it worked well for us

and we learned the trick from our neighbours

why- how do you Yachtmen do it
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Just find it amusing thats all.

Re-supply to field:

5,000 x 5.56mm
          15,000 x 7.62mm
          20 x HE GREN
          40 x Smke
          20 x Loreal 'beacause I'm worth it' Nail polish remover 100ml (To be allowed on plane!)
          5 x Old Spice

LOL
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Turncoat View Post
            (using nail polish remover and lumocolours is what is thaught at sandhurst)
            Recently went researching on what to put in a nyrex folder, and according to a multitude of threads on ARRSE, all that's allowed at sandhurst is TAMs and a waterproof notepad. Lumicolour (even permanent) doesn't work so well in torrential rain, and you won't always have your gucci nyrex with inserts, so they make the OCdts do it the old fashioed way.

Comment

• Yea they are trying to force use of just TAM's

However inserts for orders and estimates are ok apparently. As long as its in the TAM its ok.

Yes youre right lumicolour dosent work in the rain. For that eventuality carry some chinagraph pencils and a few plastic sheets from an gpmg ammo box. My last tewt was done in rain so severe the waterproof notepad wasnt working, the chinagraphs/plastic still works!
              Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                contains acetone which is known to cause cancer
                According to the bottle, 'tis "Acetone Free"

This caught my eye, as the stuff is used here in work, and I'm well aware
                it's nasty sh1te !!!
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                  cheap aftershave is especially good

all you country lads with your Brut and Hai Karate

now you have a use for it
                  You seem to have a bit of a fixation about these products, Hedge.

Are you an advertising rep trying to relaunch these on unsuspecting spotty teenagers ?

Or did you use them yourslef in the past ???
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    You seem to have a bit of a fixation about these products, Hedge.

Are you an advertising rep trying to relaunch these on unsuspecting spotty teenagers ?

Or did you use them yourslef in the past ???
                    what do you mean the past

I still splash it on every morning

but I only use the ever classy Hai Karate

I never have problems with mossies or flys and the women seem to swoon (literally) at my feet
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      but I only use the ever classy Hai Karate
                      Wasn't aware it was still on the market.......

I never have problems with mossies or flys and the women seem to swoon (literally) at my feet
                      Better not let Mrs Hog hear you saying that....... otherwise.........

Comment

• I've been using Faber-Castell Multimark permanent pens, have to say they're the business. I had no luck with Chinagraph pens as they tended to smudge when applied to documents I'd have in my pockets. They have a small rubber on the back as well that works fine.

Comment

• A work colleague (ex TA) has also mentioned chinagraph pencils.

Will look into it...

TBH, I haven't been out in a torrential downpour (thankfully) as yet, to test the
                          efficiency, or otherwise, of the Lumocolour pens.
                          Last edited by Truck Driver; 5 March 2009, 18:30.

Comment

• So to date, we have:

For marking maps:

OR

....... and for removal of same, we have:

OR (courtesy of Hedgehog )

Comment

• Should be a mixture of markers & Chinagraph.

When marking maps etc. if a marker touches even 1 rain droplet, it is useless. Chinagraph works everywhere.
                              I use a mixture of both & different colours.

Also, nail polish remover pads. Small, light and easy to use.

Comment

• TD - get both and take the pens out of the case. Sharpen the china's at both ends and put them into the pen case - nerdy as hell but stops them flexing and breaking off.
                                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Working...
                                X