• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a good pair of insoles that I forgot I bought. Looking good

Comment

• How to size your issue main pack

Comment

• Nothing worse than having a pack where the waist belt is too high or too low.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Some good tips on gas cooking (and how to tell how full canister is)

Comment

• To extend the life and appearance of your issue Green Wicking T-shirts and UBACS only launder them (inside out) with Biological washing powder with no optical brighteners. Also do not launder FR kit with non FR kit.

Simple things but these are on the care labels of other Army's FR kit and I have noticed that the more recent T-shirts I have been issued are not "pilling/bobbling" since I started using Bio instead of Non Bio. The modacrylic material stays softer for longer too

The NSV DPM FR Uniform recommends this too and kudos to the NS for issuing a proper care booklet with the uniform. Of course we just introduce new kit and expect users to figure it out themselves.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• I have no doubt that some of the things mentioned in this video will find their way into future TIs, kit load-out etc.
              Well worth a watch.

Having returned alive from the front in Ukraine, Joe tells us what kit a volunteer should take with him, and what expensive useless things he should leave behind.​

Comment

• More from the above. Looks like digging a shell scrape is still the best defence.

Comment

Working...
                X