X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we do Apod is something similar

but we normally have 2 dark sandbags stored in yoru sleeping system

if you need to get into the bag with boots on, just slip these over the boots

bag is kept clean and dry and your ready for the bug out

trousers around ankles is also a goof thing- jeat of bag will some way dry them

and big fat hole pushing soaking trousers in dry sleeping bag is not conducive to good health
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      Also if your pants are wet pull them down around your ankles in the bag and they should be some way dry by morning,
      Oh dear... I think trees absorb green light too...
      Sex - Breakfast of Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Itchy View Post
        Oh dear... I think trees absorb green light too...
        What :confused: :confused:
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
          What we do Apod is something similar

but we normally have 2 dark sandbags stored in yoru sleeping system

if you need to get into the bag with boots on, just slip these over the boots

bag is kept clean and dry and your ready for the bug out

trousers around ankles is also a goof thing- jeat of bag will some way dry them

and big fat hole pushing soaking trousers in dry sleeping bag is not conducive to good health

I heard a similar thing from a Royal Marine, he wore NBC boots over runners while bivvying. That way his feet got a break from the boots & he could still walk around without getting his feet wet.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• all very well if......

A:you have been issued nbc boots (some chance in the RDF in fairness).
            B:you dont need them for there more usual use.

As you know yourselves when you get kit like that in the RDF they want it back in the same condition you got them in. How do you plan on re-vacuum packing your overboots?
            Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

• He got himself a second pair of NBC boots specifically for wearing in the patrol harbour.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Surely wearing NBC boots would make your feet sweat something fierce. Damp skin does not help keeping your feet in good condition.

Comment

• He swore by it. I've heard of US troops doing too.

Comment

• in civvy mountain marathons we bring a pair of plastic bags (dunnes stores type) , put them over your socks and under your boots when you make camp for the night, keeps your feet dry with minimum weight penalty.

Comment

• would that not cause them to sweat & keep them damp? it sounds like perfect fungus growing conditions
                      The school of artillery told us it couldn't be done...
                      They were wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by cooley View Post
                        Surely wearing NBC boots would make your feet sweat something fierce. Damp skin does not help keeping your feet in good condition.
                        Wore the nbc overboots recently on a course(admittedly in their correct role 9i.e. over my boots) and found that they dont cause your feet to sweat at all, saying that it was touching on freezeing when I did the course so i'm not to sure what they would be like in the middle of summer.

As an aside if you ever have to do the course in the Irish suits unless you are a smurf with a severe cause of dwarfism do not get a medium suit go large, if you are even close to 6' and if you are anyways bigger than that extra large or even xxl.

Also playing a game of soccer with an american fottbal whilst in said suits is not fun expect to be bolloked by about 10 mins in and then you have to look forward to your llittle cardio warm up in the chamber so make certain that you have a proper seal on your mask before you go in there from crying out loud.

Thirdly dress light under the suit that bastard had me toasty as soon as I put it on let alone when we started to move.
                        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

• Originally posted by MOB87 View Post
                          would that not cause them to sweat & keep them damp? it sounds like perfect fungus growing conditions
                          i forgot to mention this is after you change socks, your boots might still be wet from going through rivers etc so it keeps your new socks nice and dry.

Comment

• Much and all as I dislike Arrse

They put together these few little tip and trinkets

Last edited by hedgehog; 23 March 2007, 15:05.
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosco View Post
                              Wore the nbc overboots recently on a course(admittedly in their correct role 9i.e. over my boots) and found that they dont cause your feet to sweat at all, saying that it was touching on freezeing when I did the course so i'm not to sure what they would be like in the middle of summer.

As an aside if you ever have to do the course in the Irish suits unless you are a smurf with a severe cause of dwarfism do not get a medium suit go large, if you are even close to 6' and if you are anyways bigger than that extra large or even xxl.

Also playing a game of soccer with an american fottbal whilst in said suits is not fun expect to be bolloked by about 10 mins in and then you have to look forward to your llittle cardio warm up in the chamber so make certain that you have a proper seal on your mask before you go in there from crying out loud.

Thirdly dress light under the suit that bastard had me toasty as soon as I put it on let alone when we started to move.
                              Whoever had you playing "chernobyl soccer" should get a major kick up the arse.Thats old school,a degradation exercise and at present the only place where a degradation exercise can be run is in the ncotw on the Cbrn defence instrs cse.It's because of idiots like that that cbrn is feared by so many!Muppet
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• any chance of keeping this thread on topic? how about moving all this issue boot stuff to a relevant thread mods?

{MOD: Done, but ask nicely next time please!!! :-) }
                                Last edited by ZULU; 17 June 2007, 19:59.
                                An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Working...
                                X