This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets try keep on topic though.

If you wanna slag me off or compare sizes you can always PM me.
    Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

• paranoia seems to be a way of life for you, doesnt it!!!!!!!
      Just because your paranoid deoesnt mean they are not after you

check out post 210 on this thread and you'll see what I was ACTUALLY refering to............
      Yes.He is right.your point?

Since I (like everyone else on here) have no way of proving on here what I have or havent done,
      I see no need to tell you anything.
      Ah,typical.You will pass comments on others opinions and piss on them but refuse to back up your own with fact.Perhaps you would get more respect if you stopped being evasive and answered the question or are you afraid that by doing so you are placing your reputation as someone who has been there and done that(which i really doubt) up for scrutiny or criticism.?Is that the case? Of course you will say no.But i think it is.
      Pity.

As for comparing sizes and what not.Whats the point.You think you are always right an pour scorn on others consistently.I post when i think i am right and can back it up.On occasion i get it wrong but at least i can admit it.You cant.And thats just sad
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• As for the Topic of that Pruning saw they are the Buisness. They will take down thin braches with a good whack and about 5 seconds of sawing will get through a 3 in branch.

I cleared a 15 foot path a few weeks ago in 10 minutes with one of those. There were about 14 heavily grown trees there!!!!

*Note to self, Buy own Pruning saw*
        I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• i can say Spudula has spent time on the ground at least 2 hours! (hee hee) only jokin, spuds been around a long time his cherry's well popped!
          :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

• What are peoples thoughts on having a button instead of the fastex clips / PLCE clips to hold a pouch closed? It came up in conversation today.
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• im presuming you mean those metal buttons
              the original brit PLCE had buttons and were soon replaced by the Spanish clips .,
              buttons are very finicky and small and need to be perfectly lined up ( and if they are anything like the buttons on the back of the respirator pouch a total pain in the ass to close pressure wise ,, they are hard to close on an empty pouch, not so good when you have gloves or your hands are frozen , perhaps a metal button is not the best counter servellince wise ,,
              i dont believe they offer the positive closing that the fastex clips offer , it takes two fingers to open the fastex clips no branch is going to get caught in my pouch and open it,
              "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Not talking about the metal push on buttons. Something more like the buttons on the smock.
                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• What we are all taking to doing now is replacing the clips with strips of velcro, like the old south african vests.
                  Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

• Is that on the PLCE or the OSPREY molle plate carrier yokeythingy

I used to have one of them SA vest. Gave it to an aquaintance who actually put it to some good use.

We were discussing the advantages of the buttons to velcro. Silent, can be done with one hand yet secure and not prone to getting clogged up.

Thoughts?

Comment

• PLCE we still use it on everything but operations.

Its youre ammunition pouches, if youre in a situation where you need to use them being quiet is the least of your worries!
                      The velcro is probably the easiest and fastest solution Ive seen so far. Buttons are awkward and while wearing Ceramic plates stuffing magazines down your combat jacket isnt really an option any more, its too hard to get them in and once they are in you cant get them out.
                      Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                        I used to have one of them SA vest. Gave it to an aquaintance who actually put it to some good use.
                        I have one of them vests and used it on several exercises and as far as im concerned its great. Only problem is using it at night cause of the noise the velcro makes.

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                        We were discussing the advantages of the buttons to velcro. Silent, can be done with one hand yet secure and not prone to getting clogged up.

Thoughts?
                        Isnt there velcro and clips on the PLCE pouches?

I use both on the the utility pouches to make sure they stay closed and only the spanish clips on my ammo. ones so I can open them quietly if I need to get at the mags at night.

No problems so far.
                        Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

• Originally posted by Turncoat View Post
                          Buttons are awkward and while wearing Ceramic plates stuffing magazines down your combat jacket isnt really an option any more, its too hard to get them in and once they are in you cant get them out.
                          Isnt that what the two big zipped pockets on the battle vest are for?

Comment

• Or the drop pouches on the leg?

Comment

• The zippered internal pouchs on the new vest are for maps,tams and orders books and small items like compasses.The drop leg dump pouch is designed to take your empty mags when wearing body armour(which is pretty much all the time now),The pouch will hold 3-4 emptys before you have to stop and rebomb them.
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by spudula View Post
                                Isnt that what the two big zipped pockets on the battle vest are for?

I dont wear one. After several years in a COP vest ive gone back to wearing PLCE like most other people I know.
                                Unfortunately with the amount of kit we are carrying nowadays the vests just dont have room for it all.
                                Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

Working...
                                X