This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    It wasn't me. Before you start whining...more.
    Did anyone suggest it was you? you were the one whinging if ya dont like some thing no body said you HAVE to read it did they? the mods can move my posts if they like and if i dissaprove i'll let it be known(in this case i'm bein classed a walter for tryin to clarify somthing) and if a mod tells me to stop i will
    But there's no danger
    It's a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

• This thread's already embarassing, shurely should be binned before handbags are brought into play aswell?

Comment

• Thanks Parts...nice to see the people who deal in reality giving a reality check to such drivel!
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Ah Hpt
          Come on, ye have to have a bit of a "What if..." every now and again, although reading Redeye about C-295 for the 97th time IS a bit tedious ...as for Waltering, what do you think going for a Shoot in a bog on your time off constitutes?! We know the DF can't even keep it's people in boots....
          regards
          GttC

Comment

• Look guys, the reality is that there are people who frequent this site who have one view of what needs to be discussed, and people who have another view. One of those views is to discuss things like this. Personally, while I hypothetically believe that the DF could have a tank unit (we had one before), it is in the realms of fantasy right now. However, other people want to talk about to their hearts content. Let them.

To those of us who don't want to even think about it, find it embarassing, or whatever, don't read the thread if it or related (jets, wings etc.) really boil your blood why give yourself the heart burn? Do you want a "nanny admin" approach where everthing you don't like is banned?

Self censorship is the best way to deal with this.
            Meh.

Comment

• We had one.......but as usual it didn't work out...
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• I doubt that any of the people talking about having a tank squadron have any say in whether or not we will get one. Still, they have the right to discuss it. However, to keep the rest of the forum clean, all such material will be moved here.

Murf, if people discussing the possibility of MBTs so personally offends and angers you, then all you need to do is avoid this thread.

Comment

• Its not the concept of discussion that annoys me..its the inherint ignorance of whats involved in operating these types of vehicles even at a troop level which bothers me..given what I have seen recently from the so called' experten' in their field I seriously doubt the abilities of any who are not either doing the shit for a living ..or related to doing the shit for a living.

my interpretation on waltering has escalated about 4 fold after what I've seen over the last few days...and theses are only the basics....wait until the corps assesments come up.

BTW Barry you need not preach..given up to recnetly your orgasm was reached by sitting in a truck with a styer and feeding off people who had more sevice than you have had snotty noses.

Comment

• Is this not predicated on the bais of the current DF outlook and structure? If a decision is ever made to aquire MBT's then it will be as part of a very different organisation.
                    jesus if people want to have a look at some real waltering visit the blue green thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pod View Post
                      jesus if people want to have a look at some real waltering visit the blue green thread!
                      What parts exactly?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• See: handbags. Told you it would end in tears for all concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          What parts exactly?
                          the part that talks about the current or any irish government short of some military junta spending in excess of 100 million on a single piece of kit.

Comment

• Its not just a piece of kit. Its an asset. Its a gap in actual capability that has been identified. Please give your further evaluation, based on your own expertise of the idea, in the appropriate section.

And let those who know more than you tear into you.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• ouch

Comment

• An outstanding example of superior tank walting can be found here:

Warning. Reading that thread may be hazardous to your sanity.

NTM
                                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Working...
                                X