Irish Army Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    That's a great book and an oustanding historical document that must have taken a lot of research time and effort. I've read the online version and I think it's excellent. Congrats GOC.
    It could only be improved, if and when when they add, type of naming, numbers issued, manufactured by etc..etc.. for us mere mortal medal collectors the more info the better.

Now it would be nice to see a up to date reference book including Police Service medals, Nursing Services, and Civil awards for Bravery, of the Republic of Ireland.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

• Yeah, Garda medals are a whole other story. My old landlord did one overseas trip with the GS and came home with 3 Medals.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Kermit: The New RDF Medal I believe is produced but not approved therefore it could not be included in this publication.

Comment

• 9-10 months is a blink of an eye when you are publishing a book.
          Well done GoC.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
            It is approved. I read a letter from one of the DCoSs about it about 9-10 months ago
            It might be but not signed off by Minister

Comment

• do us old FCA lads get one retrospectively?
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• I thought you didn't do "service" medals.

Comment

• 7 years effective service is a requirement

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    I thought you didn't do "service" medals.
                    we don't - but if it's free and i get it for feck all, it will still look nice with all my British medals when i'm marching past the Cenotaph one day
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                      do us old FCA lads get one retrospectively?
                      No.

If you already have an old FCA-SM Medal, you do not get a new RDF one.

However, if you were entitled to one and didn't get it, then that is a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
                        No.

If you already have an old FCA-SM Medal, you do not get a new RDF one.

However, if you were entitled to one and didn't get it, then that is a different story.
                        thanks Docman, i didn't know that.

however i was only a 2Star before i left and i joined illegally at 16 anyhow so i don't think they will appreciate my enquiry!

oh well thanks anyhow
                        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Garda Medals

1. GS Service Medal
                          2.GS Golden Jubilee Medal 1972
                          3.GS Millennium Medal 2000
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by goc132; 29 January 2011, 13:31. Reason: Maybe these Medals should be in a Garda Section

Comment

• Garda Medals

The medal Attached is the GS United Nations (led) Peace Medal for Gardai who are on UN Mandated Missions
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks for posting goc132 any chance of pictures of the Reverse side as well?

Comment

• Connuoght Ranger

The reverse of two of the four I will have to try and locate the Millennium Medal Reverse
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by goc132; 29 January 2011, 18:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X