Who will be the next CoS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the next CoS

Anyone up to start bets on the next CoS?

Nasher maybe?
    Dermot Earley
    64.71%
    Pat "Nasher" Nash
    24.71%
    Doc O Callaghan
    2.35%
    Other
    8.24%

Originally posted by Muzzle View Post
    Anyone up to start bets on the next CoS?

Nasher maybe?
    Surely Dermot Earley. He wasn't swept up the ranks without an ulterior motive in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Parts View Post
      Surely Dermot Earley. He wasn't swept up the ranks without an ulterior motive in mind.
      Very strong contender and nice guy will be CoS at some stage I reckon but possibly not the next one, although im not sure what age he is now.

Comment

Very strong contender and nice guy will be CoS at some stage I reckon but possibly not the next one, although im not sure what age he is now.
        MUZZLE - recent previous COS appointees have all done atleast two years in post [1995, 1998, 2000, 2004]

based on that time frame your wish may well come sooner then you think; with Earley being the younger of the two DCOS and thuis having enough time on his clock [to retire in 2010 (or 2011 if promoted)] having been born in 1948

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran Marum View Post
          MUZZLE - recent previous COS appointees have all done atleast two years in post [1995, 1998, 2000, 2004]

based on that time frame your wish may well come sooner then you think; with Earley being the younger of the two DCOS and thuis having enough time on his clock [to retire in 2010 (or 2011 if promoted)] having been born in 1948
          Buzz is that when Sreenan goes that Earley is in pole position for the top job.
          Once more unto the breach, dear friends

Comment

Buzz is that when Sreenan goes that Earley is in pole position for the top job.
            That would be my wish list as well

maybe we should run a poll on te new dream team of COS - DCOS's
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Last Phoenix had an article on that very topic.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

My Moneys on Nash
                Ack ack ack ack ack..Kaboom!! hooray!!!! arrrrrr....
                Pedro lacks political experience

Comment

I am told that Dermot Earley is many years senior to Pat Nash, who was only promoted to Maj Gen in the last 11 months. Also Tech Officers, include Tech Officers of the CIS Corps, but they lose their Tech Grading (and extended retirement age) when promoted into a job which is Non-Tech.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by hotdawg View Post
                    My Moneys on Nash
                    Mine's on Dermot Earley too...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

lets get a poll going to show who would be the popular choice

Dont make the mistake of ruling out the long shot

Doc O Callaghan
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Who will be the next CoS

Who do you think will be the next Chief?

Comment

Who do you think will be the next Chief?
                          Major General Earley
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            lets get a poll going to show who would be the popular choice

Dont make the mistake of ruling out the long shot

Doc O Callaghan
                            Had to think for a sec who the officer named O'Callaghan was.
                            You are of course referring to the current GOC S Bde.
                            Do you think we will see another round of rank jumping, like with
                            Dermot Earley last year?
                            I, myself, would doubt it, as there was a lot of surprise expressed
                            when Dermot Earley went from Brig Gen to Maj Gen. I think
                            he might have officially been Brig Gen for a day or something like
                            that...

EDIT: I meant to say:
                            I, myself, would doubt it, as there was a lot of surprise expressed
                            when Dermot Earley went from Col to Maj Gen.
                            I think he might have officially been Brig Gen for a day or something like
                            that...

I've been since corrected partially by the lads below since.
                            Dermot Earley was a Brig Gen for laonger than I thought
                            Last edited by Truck Driver; 7 November 2006, 15:43.

Comment

Retirements

Not to put a dampner on the poll but;

If you pay considerable attention to the response by the Minister in relation to the retirement table, you will see that 1 Maj Gen is due to retire on age grounds in 2008, and that is not Maj Gen Earley ! Once Lt Gen Sreenan retires next year, there is no Lt Gen retiring till after 2011.
                              So, draw your own conclusions

Comment

Working...
                              X