Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Stupidest piece of kit you've ever bought(taken from arrse.co.uk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stupidest piece of kit you've ever bought(taken from arrse.co.uk)

saw this thread on arrse thought it was good. i'll start the ball rolling..... three of us bought camo parkas similiar to irish dpm with the idea of wearing them on the ground, paid 70 euro each problem was the jackets were too warm total number of time worn ...once!
    :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Protac webbing....didnt buy it thoughm, was more a gift....used in total 3 times...
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Protac Combined Compass/penknife/pen holder(with belt clip). In irish DPM.
      Sterling SMG sling.(x2)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Protac webbing

Protac Combined Compass
        is there a bit of a common denominator here
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Guess where I got both of my above mentioned items?

Comment

Ehm Goldie why were you buying stirling slings?

Comment

Well I had this Idea that they would work (if doubled up) as a sling for the Bren, or FN(in the same way as the sling works on the Steyr). However the sling rings on both weapons were about a milimetre too small to accept the sling.

Comment

Webtex assault vest in US woodland.....people think protac is bad ....it promply fell apart!
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Plastic mess tin. In fairness the fat chap in army bargains convinced the young recruit in me that I'd be using it every weekend.
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Plastic mess tin. In fairness the fat chap in army bargains convinced the young recruit in me that I'd be using it every weekend.

Comment

Worst thing I ever bought was duracell batteries for my GPS..they are not thick enough...everyready your only man....
                      Last edited by hptmurphy; 15 November 2006, 01:58.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by flash bang View Post

Thats why it was the stupidest thing I ever bought.
                        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

it was worth setting up this thread purely for the laugh i got imagining Havoc trying to use his plastic mess tin over a hexi-burner!! Brilliant!!!
                          An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post

What about in the dining wall when their are no plates or on the range when fed out of hot lock container?

Comment

The only way I use it now is as a portable little shaving mug.

Comment

Working...
                              X