New DPM Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Thats why the wing dont wear the normal CBA!
    Plate carriers dont usually have side plates or soft ballistic panels.
    I think the question that will never be answered is how the **** the CBA was picked when there was completely superior products available at the time!

Cutting thru kevlar/armaid with tuffcuts is probably the most retarded thing i've heard in a while!

Quick release on yank CBA @ 1.48 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgHoaoNeuE8
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
      I think the question that will never be answered is how the **** the CBA was picked when there was completely superior products available at the time!

Cutting thru kevlar/armaid with tuffcuts is probably the most retarded thing i've heard in a while!

Quick release on yank CBA @ 1.48 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgHoaoNeuE8
      It's embarassing is what it is

Comment

• Out of interest, are Tuffcuts on issue to everyone in the infantry?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
          Out of interest, are Tuffcuts on issue to everyone in the infantry?
          They're not issued to the Infantry full stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
            Sadly the only thing that'll change this is casualties.

Comment

Sadly the only thing that'll change this is casualties.
              That's what I've always said anytime I have these kinda discussions in work.

We quite literally need an Overseas mission where lads are getting killed before the DF will pull it's head out of it's arse and start thinking like a proper operational Army, instead of treating every bit of new kit that needs to be bought as a penny pinching exercise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                That's a shame, I would have thought everyone should have a pair issued. I keep a cheap pair in my IFAK but I'm trying to see if I can blag a proper set, as I'd consider it an essential piece of kit.

Being a bagger myself, I don't expect to be issued it, but I would have thought the PDF would distributed some out to the infantry.

Comment

Not a general issue helmet.Its one of the "Mowag" helmets that were purchased as an interim measure before the current issue one entered service.That was one of the covers supplied with the helmet AFAIK.In this picture from the easter parade '06 you can make ou the plasic chin cup and the "ring" for the chinstrap closure.A dead giveaway.
                  Is this the same type of helmet you're talking about?

They look like a different type to me.

Because they have a lip. The one with the minister doesn't.

He could have just put one of those helmet covers on one of the newer issue helmets?

The helmet cover from your pic of the easter parade fits perfectly because there is a lip. The cover on the one with the minister doesn't fit because there is no lip.

The one in the easter parade looks more like the PASGT style helmet like the guy above him is wearing and the guy in the pic i posted (are they the RBH303 Classic?), while the one in the pic with the minister looks more like the RBH303IE style one.

[I found that picture HERE on some polish forum where some lads were talking about it.]
                  Last edited by spaceghetti; 2 May 2011, 21:00.

Comment

Have you done it yourself? Most likely not, True that it will take longer to get through, but when your adrenaline is pumping and rounds are flying over your head, noting is going to stop you getting through what is essential just fabric, very tightly woven fabric nonetheless.

We don't have the best but what we have is still very good, Just be glad we don't have the disaster of cba the french have.....
                    Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• Cutting through multiple layers of kevlar in one go with a scissors? No chance. You'd be better off finding the point where the kevlar sheets overlap and cutting through there, avoiding the kevlar parts and just cutting the cover (though I'm not sure this would work with some types of body armour)

Comment

• In the time it would take to do all that it would probably be faster just to take it off the normal way.

Comment

• Originally posted by paul View Post
                          Have you done it yourself? Most likely not, True that it will take longer to get through, but when your adrenaline is pumping and rounds are flying over your head, noting is going to stop you getting through what is essential just fabric, very tightly woven fabric nonetheless.
                          I've never cut throught anything thicker than jeans but that dosen't make a difference, its just another example of no joined up thinking in the DF.

Originally posted by paul View Post
                          We don't have the best but what we have is still very good, Just be glad we don't have the disaster of cba the french have.....
                          But they've [probably] had there's in service for a good while and their bods in ISAF dont use them.

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                            Is this the same type of helmet you're talking about?

They look like a different type to me.

Because they have a lip. The one with the minister doesn't.

He could have just put one of those helmet covers on one of the newer issue helmets?

The helmet cover from your pic of the easter parade fits perfectly because there is a lip. The cover on the one with the minister doesn't fit because there is no lip.

The one in the easter parade looks more like the PASGT style helmet like the guy above him is wearing and the guy in the pic i posted (are they the RBH303 Classic?), while the one in the pic with the minister looks more like the RBH303IE style one.

[I found that picture HERE on some polish forum where some lads were talking about it.]
                            You know i didnt spot that lip.(not often i am wrong about issue kit!)The "mowag" helmets were made made by a different company to the rabintex ones on issue now.I have a brochure somewhere and i will get you the exact name.
                            Indeed it looks like the ranger in the pic just took his old helmet cover and put it on one of the new RBH303IE's.It hard to tell because you cant make out the chin strap in ther pic with the Minister.But its highly likely it is one of those as the lads tend to wear them more now than the mowag helmets(better fitting covers,lighter,no lip,same type liner).

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            Cutting through multiple layers of kevlar in one go with a scissors? No chance. You'd be better off finding the point where the kevlar sheets overlap and cutting through there, avoiding the kevlar parts and just cutting the cover (though I'm not sure this would work with some types of body armour)
                            I dont know if that would work with our current CBA as the soft armour overlaps at the shoulders,but if a trained Paramedic tells me it can be done who am i to argue?

Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                            In the time it would take to do all that it would probably be faster just to take it off the normal way.
                            A trained medic will rarely do that.They love cutting things

I agree with S&S.We dont get issued proper IFAKs.We make our own.If you were to ask an ordinary soldier here what goes into an individual trauma kit or what a nine liner is they wouldnt have a clue.And dont even get me started on our total lack of training on using Morphine!They made a big deal of including CAT's and Israeli FFD's in the soldiers kit on the Late Late show a few years back.THEY ARENT ISSUED OUT! Medics have them.
                            Last edited by apod; 3 May 2011, 10:02.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I agree with S&S.We dont get issued proper IFAKs.We make our own.If you were to ask an ordinary soldier here what goes into an individual trauma kit or what a nine liner is they wouldnt have a clue.And dont even get me started on our total lack of training on using Morphine!They made a big deal of including CAT's and Israeli FFD's in the soldiers kit on the Late Late show a few years back.THEY ARENT ISSUED OUT! Medics have them.
                              I love the magical backpacks the medics carry that seem to fit everything for everyone...the Morphine thing I believe is outside the hands of the DF due to law. Tbh if i was going overseas I'd buy my own CAT and israeli FFD to wear on me. Its so retarded I am amazed....yet again. But its just a case that PDFORRA need to get their head out of their ass..all it takes is a few press leaks by a retired bod.

Comment

I love the magical backpacks the medics carry that seem to fit everything for everyone...the Morphine thing I believe is outside the hands of the DF due to law. Tbh if i was going overseas I'd buy my own CAT and israeli FFD to wear on me. Its so retarded I am amazed....yet again. But its just a case that PDFORRA need to get their head out of their ass..all it takes is a few press leaks by a retired bod.
                                Having a CAT and a proper trauma kit only works if everybody has the same kit and carries it in the same place.I have both of those items to use on myself as self aid if the situation warranted it.But if i am unresponsive i wouldnt be able to tell a buddy where they are and they wouldnt look.My normal FFD is the only thing they would see in my smock pocket.

The legal aspect of "breaking the skin" should be changed or allowance be made for when on active service.The ability to give morphine is a no brainer IMHO once you are properly trained.I teach lads how to use atropine autoinjectors on the CBRN course.Modern Morpine syrettes work the same i believe(Can you cofirm RGJ?).At end of the day its soldiers lives we are talking about.You may not always have a medic with you.And if you do,what happens if HE/SHE is the casualty???Food for thought.

Anyway we are going WAAAAAAAy off topic.
                                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                                X