• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    On a weekend?

Were u also told this is the last time?
    Forgetting that units have PTIs too, who can conduct testing
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      wut ? you are on the crazy juice sometimes. No of course its not the last time either ever, or for me, our unit, your unit or any unit in our formation. fk sake if you listen to peoples shite this is what you get, Yes of course on a weekend.
      Heard (1st hand) from BPEO around April

Comment

• In my unit, I've asked about doing ITs at the week-ends. All I got was blank stares then "I'll look into it". With nothing heard afterwards.

Comment

• We have had this planned for months. Assuming you have the numbers, and they are certed on the PMS, finding the testing officer + assistants to come in and do the test is all that is needed ( book facilities too ).

You have to give a lot of notice to get a testing officer in on a weekend BUT IT CAN BE DONE . At short notice it is better to join the weekday ITs in PDF-land that are usually on fairly frequently. Note if you fk with them like say "40 will attend" but only 5 turn up you are fking with a scarce resource. I will find you and decapitate you.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Delighted!!!

Grade 3 in push ups
            Grade 2 in sit ups (although should have done better)
            Grade 2 in 2 miles
            So grade 2 overall

Grade 3 in 10km

Comment

• What age r u Dev?

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                What age r u Dev?
                in the 2nd age bracket (for now)

Comment

• And no grade 1??

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                    And no grade 1??
                    Aspiration & target but reality and demands of jobs, young family, previous medical condition etc make it harder.

Yesterday -v- 12 months ago
                    PU grade 3 -v- grade 3 (no progress but something I find hard)
                    SU grade 2 -v- grade 1 (didn't do as well as I should have)
                    2 miles grade 2 -v- grade 4 (knocked over 1 mins off my time, and got very close to a PB in the last 4 years or so)

10km grade 3 -v- grade 4 (knocked 8 mins off my time)

There is an proposed amendment to make it harder to get a G1

During that time I've lost 7kg (and I've a small build).

I've found what works for me to increase speed (hill training)

Have to find a way to get much better at PUs
                    Last edited by DeV; 15 June 2015, 19:44.

Comment

• I've heared pull ups will be coming across the board, doubt it though.
                      As for an amendment to make it harder for a grade 1 how??
                      Not everyone gets one? ? As for finding push ups hard, awww poor you ��

Comment

• Found a protein shaker in my locker today. It had hidden itself in a bag I haven't needed for about 3 weeks. Decided to open it up to see what the craic was, as it looked clean, and I generally keep my shakers clean all the time. I shit you not, it was like the olfactory version of opening the ark of the covenant. I considered burning my clothes and calling the padre. I'm still expecting a call with a North Korean dialling code prefix asking if they can weaponise what's in that shaker.
                        Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Found a protein shaker in my locker today. It had hidden itself in a bag I haven't needed for about 3 weeks. Decided to open it up to see what the craic was, as it looked clean, and I generally keep my shakers clean all the time. I shit you not, it was like the olfactory version of opening the ark of the covenant. I considered burning my clothes and calling the padre. I'm still expecting a call with a North Korean dialling code prefix asking if they can weaponise what's in that shaker.
                          Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Did myself a injury on 30 Sept and back running properly again about 2 weeks (11 weeks or so not able/allowed to run)

Thankfully the injury site doesn't hurt - just everything else does

Comment

• Just finished the first week of C25k. Shins are a bit fecked but sure no pain no gain!

Hopefully I'll be ready for the 2.5km run within the next few months

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                Did myself a injury on 30 Sept and back running properly again about 2 weeks (11 weeks or so not able/allowed to run)

Thankfully the injury site doesn't hurt - just everything else does
                                Am trying to get back on the fitness treadmill again, as you and a couple of the other guys here know, my situation was different...
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X