Lateral Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral Transfer

Does the Irish Military offer any type of lateral transfer/overseas applicant program?

Originally posted by PJT View Post
    Does the Irish Military offer any type of lateral transfer/overseas applicant program?
    Short answer no

There have been temporary exchange/attachments

I think they have included Canada, NZ and Malta

Comment

There was one PDF cadet who attended Sandhurst, but you know what happened there...

Comment

Originally posted by barrybadrinah View Post
        There was one PDF cadet who attended Sandhurst, but you know what happened there...
        No...
        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

The rumour has it he resigned and joined the BA

Comment

No rumour to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              The rumour has it he resigned and joined the BA
              may not have been the only armies he served in

Comment

Was his father a serving Officer.?

Comment

An urban myth, the pdf have never sent a cadet to sandhurst, why would they, sandhurst role s to train officers and the pdf have the cadet school. Only small states that cant justify their own officer training establishments like trinidad and tobago do things like that. If they sent somebody he be seriously disadvantaged in his eventual career. The only time they did was with women, but it was only in the beginning and once they had the facilities in the curragh thry stopped

Over the years there have been loads of lateral transfers. Back in 1989 there was an article from an officer who spent a year with the french army in an cosantoir, which played a role in my decision to quit the pdf.
                  Last edited by paul g; 12 August 2017, 10:13.

Comment

Paul G I'm ex-BA, and a few times I was asked if I knew the Irish guy who bailed on the Irish Army to stick with the BA.

Keen to know why you quit the PDF over a lad going to France for a year!

Comment

Paul you are incorrect. It was well reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                        Paul you are incorrect. It was well reported.
                        Then i'd be pleased to see a link then

Comment

He's mentioned in the book by the whiney R Irish officer
                          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                            He's mentioned in the book by the whiney R Irish officer
                            Paddy Bury's book?

Said former Irish officer turned BA officer was a few years ahead of him in school
                            Last edited by DeV; 12 August 2017, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                              An urban myth, the pdf have never sent a cadet to sandhurst, why would they, sandhurst role s to train officers and the pdf have the cadet school. Only small states that cant justify their own officer training establishments like trinidad and tobago do things like that. If they sent somebody he be seriously disadvantaged in his eventual career. The only time they did was with women, but it was only in the beginning and once they had the facilities in the curragh thry stopped

Over the years there have been loads of lateral transfers. Back in 1989 there was an article from an officer who spent a year with the french army in an cosantoir, which played a role in my decision to quit the pdf.
                              Lots of big countries send people to Sandhurst

We have the C&S School who run the Sen C&S Cse (for promotion to Lt Col) but we still sent people to do the equivalent courses in the UK, US and I think France and Germany

The Irishman who was sent to Sandhurst by the DF was pictured in An Cosantoir at the time

Comment

Working...
                              X