• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    sometimes

but its no big deal

just go back to your BQ and say

"Hey fat boy fix that for me straight away or I will bitch slap you"
    You find that works for you then....?
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Isn't that right docman?
      Docman spent money on a DPM mess tin and not on you?

Not a big fan of webbing/PLCE. Never seem to be comfortable in it not matter what way I rearrange and secure it.
      As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

• This webbing, apparently, is all the rage with the Brits at the moment....

And judging by that hip pad, it's probably very comfy to wear...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• looks comfy alright.... i think the israelis do something similiar.

i see mr. protac is selling "desert webbing" on that site.
          An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Any pictures of the IPLCS yet?
            "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

• It's not been chosen yet AFAIK.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
                It's not been chosen yet AFAIK.
                It's already been issued to some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
                  It's already been issued to some.
                  Probably trial vests.The type hasnt been decided on yet.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• found this sling when flicking around some sites. seems simple and easy to use, cheap also.

somebody might find it useful if looking for different sling for tactics, etc.

found on SORD website. an australian webbing manufacturer.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by X-RayOne; 21 April 2007, 16:05.
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Ive had problems with that bloke who runs dragon supplies, my advice steer clear

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                        found this sling when flicking around some sites. seems simple and easy to use, cheap also.

somebody might find it useful if looking for different sling for tactics, etc.

found on SORD website. an australian webbing manufacturer.

X Ray this may be a better idea

and it looks fairly similar to the issue sling

Tactical gear supply store featuring tactical equipment, tactical belts, rifle slings and outdoor gear made in USA. Tactical online supply and accessories store.
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• tried something like that for a few exercises before (borrowed off another guy who bought from mr. protac). but i found that the quick release buckle got caught up around the cocking handle a lot and the part of the sling that runs between the sling swivels, along the body of the rifle, tended to catch in my webbing and jacket. went back to issue sling then.

the concept of the 1 point or 3 point sling is a good idea though. i find the issue a bit useless. usually wadi it to a jacket pocket on exercises and just carry the rifle. works far easier for me.

Comment

• the pro tac one

was actually very good- i remember when they came out first

but they were a bot complicated to use

i have one of the one of the above and i also have the attachable clips which make

putting it on and off a doddle

it is excellent for exercises but the dogs testes for ov erseas - standing on CPs

or on CIT's
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• i agree they'd be useful for CPs and CIT. much more comfy than the issue.

"the pro tac one

was actually very good"

jesus hedgie!! are you promoting sales for him now??? after everything you said before

Comment

• The British issue SA80 sling, similar to the above, is an excellent piece of kit. Once you know how to assemble it properly Get a good set of instructions (I learned how to put it together from A Soldier's Pocketbook) for it and you'll never have a problem with it. Lets you sling the rifle tight to your body similar to the issue sling, and then by releasing the quick release buckle the sling loosens (doesn't fall off, just loosens) and turns into a 3 point sling. Or you can sling it over your back with one strap on each shoulder, if you like. The only possible complaint about it is as X-RayOne said, you have to push it to the side to cock the weapon. Oh, and make sure you get a Brit issue one and not a webtex copy.

Flecktarn does them for £7.50 used. Their GPMG slings (the Brit issue ones) are pretty cool too.
                                Last edited by Barry; 22 April 2007, 19:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X