jadotVille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jadotVille

Apparently rte are having a film made about the siege...
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Already casted apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest View Post
      Already casted apparently
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

about time i did my leaving cert history project this year on the subject
        Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
          about time i did my leaving cert history project this year on the subject
          Fantastic !! :-)

When I did my leaving cert history (ahem late '70s) there was no mention of our defence forces either at home or overseas.

Comment

i did a special project on it and i was born in the 70s ha ha ha i bet you feel old
            Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

i did a special project on it and i was born in the 70s ha ha ha i bet you feel old
              Well my young friend thanks for that :-)

What aspects of the subject did your project look at ?
              Last edited by Orion; 9 August 2014, 01:51.

Comment

i looked at how the army treated A Coy after its return to Ireland and how much of a taboo subject jadoville was. i also touched on how little the irish public know of what these brave men went through

Comment

No chance of a sequel about the army kicking arse in Elizabethville?
                  "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by Come-quickly View Post
                    No chance of a sequel about the army kicking arse in Elizabethville?
                    Not a chance. According to our republican history. We are always the victims.
                    Last edited by sofa; 9 August 2014, 22:03.

Comment

Once its released thousands of wimmins everywhere will be disappointed to find out that our commandants are nowhere near as young and handsome as the lead actor.

Comment

i looked at how the army treated A Coy after its return to Ireland and how much of a taboo subject jadoville was. i also touched on how little the irish public know of what these brave men went through
                        Quite extraordinary how the POWs were treated esp given that most ,if not all, of the founders of the Army and the Free State had surrendered in combat at least once at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                          Quite extraordinary how the POWs were treated esp given that most ,if not all, of the founders of the Army and the Free State had surrendered in combat at least once at some stage.
                          Even want to preserve that house of shame in Moore Street

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                            Apparently rte are having a film made about the siege...
                            A study of Sean Foleys book would be a good start for any such film.

Comment

Their performance was extraordinary considering that the Army as a whole had no combat experience worth the name, not having fought in 40 years. Anyone who considered their performance a shameful was an idiot, considering how unprepared the Army was for the Congo. They were all heroes.

Comment

Working...
                              X