Air Corps helicopter fire fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Corps helicopter fire fighting

Read on the phone that the air corps are involved in the gorse fire fighting. Are they using buckets or just ferrying people? Anyone any pics?

See thread - 'Major Forest & Bog Fires, Army Call Out?'

http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...346#post334346

Comment

Seen it on the news. Looks very impressive. Well done all.

Comment

Air Corps helicopter called in to assist with Killarney fire

Comment

Footage from yesterday - glad to see the fire is out now:

Comment

Excellent skills there by pilots who don't do that type of flying for a living.
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
              Excellent skills there by pilots who don't do that type of flying for a living.
              Fantastic flying there ok, very proud of our Military and the work they do at home and overseas.

Comment

So can anyone confirm if an AC heli assisted here?

Comment

Originally posted by Meatbomb View Post
                  So can anyone confirm if an AC heli assisted here?

http://www.thejournal.ie/gorse-fire-...70281-Jun2015/
                  Why do you need to confirm it?
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

The local authority requested an IAC helicopter for a firefighting sortie but I was informed it didn't show up.
                    No mention of it here and usually Rhodes is pretty good at highlighting these sort of stories. Just wondering what the story is.

Comment

The local authority requested an IAC helicopter for a firefighting sortie but I was informed it didn't show up.
                      No mention of it here and usually Rhodes is pretty good at highlighting these sort of stories. Just wondering what the story is.
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

So when did the IAC commit to providing an aircraft on standby for firefighting duties?

By the way you can thank my fat fingers and a new phone for the accidental like/thank above!
                        Last edited by Jetjock; 20 June 2015, 21:28.

Comment

The role of the Air Corps under the Defence Act is to contribute to the security of the State by providing for the Military Air Defence of its airspace. However in times of peace it is more usual for the Air Corps to fulfil the roles assigned by Government through the deployment of a well motivated and effective Air Corps.

ATCA is a secondary role of the DF. They received a request and what I've been told is they could not supply an aircraft.
                          I am just trying to figure out if that's true, or was the above news story factual.

Comment

http://www.military.ie/air-corps/org...the-air-corps/

ATCA is a secondary role of the DF. They received a request and what I've been told is they could not supply an aircraft.
                            I am just trying to figure out if that's true, or was the above news story factual.
                            What possible reason could the bastion of journalistic integrity that is the Journal have to lie about it? You can see what looks like a whirlybird in one of the DFBs photos.
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                              What possible reason could the bastion of journalistic integrity that is the Journal have to lie about it? You can see what looks like a whirlybird in one of the DFBs photos.
                              Services on scene said that no aircraft could be supplied. There is no pictures or DF publicity.

Comment

Working...
                              X