• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big improvement in the music

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      Uniform worn at all times?
      Except when in bed, obviously.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        Only in Dublin.
        The DMP still exists. Now known as the DMA.
        Haven't been called the DMA for a long while, except by older members.
        It's the DMR now one of the 6 Garda Regions.
        Im Ron Burgendy??

Comment

• Originally posted by tonyrdf View Post
          Haven't been called the DMA for a long while, except by older members.
          It's the DMR now one of the 6 Garda Regions.
          Older members? Why I oughtta......

Comment

• "Members of the Defence Forces take part in a Sports Day, footage from the Archives"

Comment

• I use to work in Dublin City centre in the 70s and can remember seeing Garda wearing a Cape with silver clasp across the front , when I enquired as to this form of dress I was told it was DMP ( Pearse Street ) , remember this was in the 70s . Plus it was only worn after dark .
              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• I was issued a cape in 1994.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
                  I use to work in Dublin City centre in the 70s and can remember seeing Garda wearing a Cape with silver clasp across the front , when I enquired as to this form of dress I was told it was DMP ( Pearse Street ) , remember this was in the 70s . Plus it was only worn after dark .
                  Didn't Lugs and his comrades have the reputation of putting lead shot in the hems ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                    "Members of the Defence Forces take part in a Sports Day, footage from the Archives"

Seems to have been filmed in the Croppy's acre, in front of what is now the Museum at the former Collins Barracks. 1960s I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      Seems to have been filmed in the Croppy's acre, in front of what is now the Museum at the former Collins Barracks. 1960s I'd say.
                      Going by the uniforms and vehicles its between 1953-1958. Anyone know what's the exact year the Gardaí in Dublin stopped wearing them horrible helmets?

Comment

• "Some archive footage of personnel from the Army Medical Corps in training."

Comment

• "A short archive video of what used to be known as All Army Week, now the Defence Forces Shooting Competitions."

Comment

• A few archive videos of the Defence Forces.

"IRISH MILITARY CEREMONIAL to commemorate the memory of the leaders executed after the 1916 Insurrection."

"Irish army review. Chief of Staff takes salute in big march past in Phoenix Park."

"Irish Army in training at the Curragh."

"Irish Free State Army. Pathe Gazette presents exclusively, first pictures taken at the Curragh"

"Irish National Festival. Mr Desmond Fitzgerald takes salute at College Green as the Irish Free State Army march through Dublin on St. Patrick's Day."

"Irish Army in the field. The Army of Saorstat Eireann terminates its 1933 training year with extensive field exercises."

"IRISH VOLUNTEERS COMMISSIONED"

"On Guard In The Outposts Of Peace"

"DEFENCE MINISTER AT LDF PARADE"

"Irish Republic proclaimed"

"Departure of Irish troops for Congo"

Comment

• A few more.

"Mines Laid Off Dublin Harbour"

"LDF PARADES"

Comment

• One of the Lysanders came very close to being an 'ex Lysander'

The German style vickers helmets are very damaged.
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X