Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Including those already in the system - i.e. at least security clearance sent off - but haven't been attested yet ?
    is the subject of some debate at higher levels currently, awaiting word back.

Flashbang, the information you mention is not part of R.O's. Do not listen to the Cadre on this matter [ yet]
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by flash bang View Post
      Cadre are not in the chain of command but they are usually the first to read the routine orders and I would take a pdf CQ's word over a rdf Comdt's!
      That just says it all

Comment

• If you read the post I never said that it was in R/Os I merely stated that the cadre see the R/Os before the RDF staff do! I still stand over that last statement......sorry if I have hurt any officers feelings
        :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

• A friend of mine text me there asking were we all being disbanded in february.

Apparently a RDF Cavalry Comdt. Called all his troops together and told them that they were being disbanded in February.

He also said a PDF BS/CS said the same thing.

Any truth to it?

Does anyone know of any Senior Officers making such statements?
          I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
            A friend of mine text me there asking were we all being disbanded in february.

Apparently a RDF Cavalry Comdt. Called all his troops together and told them that they were being disbanded in February.

He also said a PDF BS/CS said the same thing.

Any truth to it?

Does anyone know of any Senior Officers making such statements?
            There has been far too many rumours floating around, especially regarding disbandment. No such order has been given. While in these uncertain times nothing can be ruled out, the only orders that have been issued are:
            1. Integration has been postponed.
            2. Overseas for reservists has been postponed.
            3. Mandays has been restricted to 14 days per person with exceptions requiring approval from D Res.
            4. The recruitment and promotion ban in the civil service applies to the RDF.

All the above orders are documented and have been distributed to each unit. If you hear anything else from anyone else you should ask have they seen it written down, if they haven't then they are oprating on rumours.

Comment

• I take everything back, believe everything you hear I mean it must be true because some private heard it in the mess in the Brugha on a Thursday night !
              :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

• We might as well disband sure!

Comment

• Oh dear.
                  I just heard a infantry unit Commander in Southern brigade made the announcement to his troops to this effect last night.

Surely we can't all be hearing the same scurrilous rumour.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    Oh dear.
                    I just heard a infantry unit Commander in Southern brigade made the announcement to his troops to this effect last night.

Surely we can't all be hearing the same scurrilous rumour.
                    Did you actually hear the comments

or did someone tell you about them

whereas I would beleive you (in things non political) if you heard them

the person you heard ( if so) this off would not have the saem creditibility ( except in political matters)
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• The person I heard them from does not tell porky pies.

Comment

• everyone lies

Famous lies of our time:

no pet your arse looks exactly the same as it did when you were 18

Enda Kenny is a great leader

The cheques is in th epost

You cant get pregnant if its the first time
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Why would one unit OC have this information and all the rest dont?

I smell porky pies.
                          Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

• Because his HQ is being sold?

Comment

• Just because the building is being sold doesnt mean the whole RDF is being disbanded.
                              Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by flash bang View Post
                                Cadre are not in the chain of command but they are usually the first to read the routine orders and I would take a pdf CQ's word over a rdf Comdt's!
                                Originally posted by flash bang View Post
                                If you read the post I never said that it was in R/Os I merely stated that the cadre see the R/Os before the RDF staff do! I still stand over that last statement......sorry if I have hurt any officers feelings

I am privileged to be an Officer but my feelings are not what's at stake here.

Your Sub-Unit Commander commands your loyalty and respect.
                                If RDF members don't respect each other, then how can we expect the professionals in the PDF to respect us.

If you had my experience of Cadre staff you mightn't be so much in awe of them.
                                Many of us have had bad experiences with Cadre who weren't fit to tie the boots of a proper soldier. (I know of one who used to encourage potential recruits to enlist in a different Unit).
                                Thankfully there's many excellent Cadre staff to offset the problems caused by the wasters but the good ones are left to carry the can as well as perform their own roles.

I have the utmost respect for dedicated Cadre but I wouldn't seek information from them that should be communicated through other channels.
                                If nothing else, to do so would possibly place them in compromising positions.

I am delighted to have two former members of the ARW in my Unit's Cadre and neither of those two gentlemen would even dream of undermining RDF Sub-Unit Commanders by gossiping with RDF personnel.

I agree that Cadre frequently may be the first to read the R.O's but you must realise that it is S.O.P for Unit Commanders to inform Sub-Unit Commanders of important matters at the very earliest opportunity, rather than waiting for R.O's to be published.

Comment

Working...
                                X