new boots needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    What operational boots are on issue at the moment?
    Whatever you want in size 12 only

Anyways Lowa and Meindl have seriously gucci lightweight models now that are lightyears ahead of the combat gtx & army pro.
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
      I have no experience in those Alt Bergs but the microlite looks the job going on the reading material. The Norway could be a bit too heavy for year-round stuff.

Yeah we're unlikely to be using them too much in very very cold conditions so I might go with the microlites

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      still using the issue HAIX from integrated service 2008 ; 10k Part 3 with no issues on Sunday gone.
      Unfortunately I've put the boots through a lot of hard use. Haix just don't cut it IMO (See below pic..and before people think twas just my gait I was wearing otrhotics!)

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
      Would you be open to Meindl Eagle's?

Absolutely smashing boots.
      Meindls have always seemed very rigid and the leather degrades after a few years from what I've observed. People end up with a greyish mottled kind of nubuck effect.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      What operational boots are on issue at the moment?
      Still Haix and not in the size you want. Or just saftey toe.
      "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• Excess stock of the safe toe boots (light OP and Op)are being sold off as they are no longer on issue to non Arty,Eng, fitters etc.Strong rumours abound that we are going brown,with Lowa being the preferred option for the Op boot.Magnum Vipers are the new(ish) light Ops but are giving trouble with the lads in UNDOF so may be discontinued.Will update when I know more.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
          Excess stock of the safe toe boots (light OP and Op)are being sold off as they are no longer on issue to non Arty,Eng, fitters etc.Strong rumours abound that we are going brown,with Lowa being the preferred option for the Op boot.Magnum Vipers are the new(ish) light Ops but are giving trouble with the lads in UNDOF so may be discontinued.Will update when I know more.
          Going brown? A waste of money in my humble opinion
          Personnel who may have built a stock of 2-3 pairs of boots (operational, barracks, etc) in black will effectively have these rendered
          useless with a colour change

Lowas would be magic as an Op boot, makes you wonder why this wasn't selected at the outset. $$$ I am presuming ?
          What's the story with the Vipers ?
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            Going brown? A waste of money in my humble opinion...
            i suppose it depends on whats cheaper to buy in bulk, as well as whats actually available. the obvious suggestion is to piggy-back on the UK orders if the boots we're ordering meet your needs.

Comment

• are giving trouble with the lads in UNDOF so may be discontinued
              indeed, I heard about that to the same conclusion as Apod mentions.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Question about Lowa boots:

What are the sizes like. Normally I wear a size 9, would the lowa be the correct size? Had nightmares before with boots and ordering online I'm even more anxious! Ha!
                I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                He put a bullet through his brain.
                And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  Question about Lowa boots:

What are the sizes like. Normally I wear a size 9, would the lowa be the correct size? Had nightmares before with boots and ordering online I'm even more anxious! Ha!
                  Hard to say as it all depends on your foot. But it's not a particularly narrow boot. So would be fairly standard.
                  "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                    Hard to say as it all depends on your foot. But it's not a particularly narrow boot. So would be fairly standard.
                    Cheers pal
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• RFT for the supply of DF boots just out. Rumours of going brown just that. Rumours.
                      Design of OP boot and OP safety boot same as current Haix variant.
                      Design of Light Op Light OP safety as per Magnum Viper design.
                      Desert boot being purchased but only in VERY small numbers.Design as per the Magnum Viper.
                      Lowa design OP boot for "Them".
                      Flame resistant OP boot for the NS.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Just had my HAIX Op boot resoled. Bryans on Talbot street . 46 euro for both soles including minor running repairs. it was that or listen to a Q banging on about why I needed replacement and here have Magnums instead and quite honestly i can't fking stand it any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                          RFT for the supply of DF boots just out. Rumours of going brown just that. Rumours.
                          Design of OP boot and OP safety boot same as current Haix variant.
                          Design of Light Op Light OP safety as per Magnum Viper design.
                          Desert boot being purchased but only in VERY small numbers.Design as per the Magnum Viper.
                          Lowa design OP boot for "Them".
                          Flame resistant OP boot for the NS.
                          Groan......... has nothing been learned?

Any links?

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Just had my HAIX Op boot resoled. Bryans on Talbot street . 46 euro for both soles including minor running repairs. it was that or listen to a Q banging on about why I needed replacement and here have Magnums instead and quite honestly i can't fking stand it any more.
                            Thats appalling. You should not have to do that, nor should anyone else but i see it going on in my own unit as well.

Comment

• Ive never been issued HAIX.

I ended up with insane blisters after running the 10Km loaded march in June. it took 3 weeks for them to heal properly, they were the whole length of the side of my foot. I ran it in magnum barrack boots.

I shouldve reported it to a medic complaining that it was the barrack boots fault, but I went on holidays to USA the next morning and I know previously when Id worn my old combat boots (personal purchase before they fell apart after last years ex) that Ive never had a blister from this run. (I know its not necessarily a run for fitness test, but I always run it)
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• I have only done the Part III in HAIX or Meindl and never had a blister ( well a small one the first time ) . I proudly have HAIX on my 245b from Integrated issue

Comment

Working...
                                X