Calling all people from north Wexford / south Wicklow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all people from north Wexford / south Wicklow

If anyone who lives the the Tinahely / Carnew / Shillelagh areas of south County Wicklow is interested in joined the RDF. Please PM me.

I would especially like to hear from former officers & NCOs from these centres, when they belonged to 10 Inf Bn (FCA) or serving officers & NCOs of the 33 Res Inf Bn who either come from or know people who come from this area.

The reason being - C Coy, 62 Res Inf Bn is planning to reopen the RDF centre in Tinahely.

Could be fun - inter brigade transfers often see the scenario of "Jaysus, dunno where that paperwork went" attached to them.... Just goes to show ya, I never knew there was a Reserve centre in Tinahely. And before you ask, no, I'm not interested, it would be a tad too far away for me....
    Last edited by Truck Driver; 31 July 2006, 05:39.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I'm sure anyone with a 154 wouldn't be turned away

But seriously anyone interested PM me
      Last edited by DeV; 31 July 2006, 19:41.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
        I'm sure anyone with a 154 wouldn't be turned away

But seriously anyone interested PM me
        As I said, too far away. But I have sent u a PM with a possible candidate...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

We are open also open to applications for transfer from serving RDF JNCOs & ex-PDF (& First Line Reserve) NCOs.

Ages limit for Ex-PDF:
          at least 1 yr of PDF service - 40 years of age
          Sgt rank or higher (prior to discharge) - 45 years of age
          Last edited by DeV; 29 May 2007, 21:51.

Comment

Seriously

do we keep our rank if we discharge and enlist into the RDF

and do we remain curent on all our weapons instructor status

and do we hold our seniroity
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Keep rank yes (if there is a vacancy) - thats in DFR R5, we recently had an ex-PDF person enlist at the rank of 3*. But you get an new (RDF) army number.

Not sure about instructor status, what would you have to do in the PDF to remain current?

Seniority is a hard one, from what I seen in the past, yes. But it may depend on the unit.

Comment

what about a 3* transferring into a south wicklow unit if he was to move from the big smoke back home any time in the future
                What would the training situation be like?
                How active are the units?
                integration at any stage?
                would there be any point in me looking at one of the Bray units so I can get more regular access to stores?
                what are the units in south wicklow like, believe its C Coy.
                Not looking likely to move any time soon, but if it does happen would be interested in any info anyone could provide. thanks in advance.
                courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Firstly I believe in giving people an honest reflection of the Coy on thinks like this.

what about a 3* transferring into a south wicklow unit if he was to move from the big smoke back home any time in the future
                  All welcome, you are currently RDF (65 Inf) as far as I can see from the board. We had a exPDF 3* join a few months back, hoped to send him on PNCO Cse this year, but he couldn't commit.

C Coy covers Wicklow Town, Arklow & Tinahely.

What would the training situation be like?
                  How active are the units?
                  We are very short of NCOs at the minute(hence the post asking about exPDF NCOs), it should improve slightly come September.

At the minute we have around 26 new recruits so at the minute priority goes to them for obvious reasons.

We are having great trouble getting around 5 2 stars upgraded at the minute but hopefully that should be sorted out soon.

The 3 stars in the company are currently training the new recruits or helping out with admin. So they get to see how much paperwork etc is involved in running even a small unit, also very good preparation for PNCOs. If you meet the criteria and are generally switched on you will be sent on the PNCOs Course.

We go to the barracks (the Brugha) for weapons as often as training programme requires. We have 4 restricted 154 drivers in the coy, but often have to rent transport, so it is dependant on the budget.

Generally the Bn seems to be organising a course of some desciption starting in Sept/Oct (eg GPMG), recently there has been a tactical camp over Easter.

Like most units the period Jan to April/May is the busiest period. For a very small Coy, we have done a lot in the last two years (http://www.62infantry.com/C_Company.shtml & that isn't everything). Over the course of the year if you averaged it out there would be about 2 weekends/field days per month.

integration at any stage?
                  62nd hasn't been asked yet, it is open to everyone (when advertised), we would like to keep people but they wouldn't be stopped.

would there be any point in me looking at one of the Bray units so I can get more regular access to stores?
                  HQ Coy (Bray) would go into the Brugha more regularly (as I said we go in as required) they don't have fewer NCOs and A LOT less ptes, so they really just go for something to do.

Comment

wheres the girls of the 62 Bn gone

man you wont do any great recriiting by telling us

all about how much running around in the muck we will do

think of the love- think of the love
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post

HQ Coy (Bray) would go into the Brugha more regularly (as I said we go in as required) they don't have fewer NCOs and A LOT less ptes, so they really just go for something to do.

Yeah i heard they just go ino the brugha for something to do. I heard off a contact.
                      Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Seniority only applies in own unit or formation. You're on the PDF NCO seniority list. if you go RDF you go on a different list. Senior NCO vacancies in the RDF are as hard to get as they are in the PDF, and for most of the same reasons.

Weapon instructor courses are not specific to PDF/RDF. If you have the course done you can instruct. Beware, this can be a mixed blessing.

Here is the R5 extract regarding ex-PDF enlistment:
                        17. All enlistments in the Reserve Defence Force for service shall be in the rank of private or
                        Seaman, provided, however, that a former enlisted person of the Permanent Defence Force or of the
                        Reserve of Men (First Line) to whom the provisions of subparagraph 6(b) of these Regulations
                        apply may be enlisted in the non-commissioned rank last held by them, or in the non-commissioned
                        army rank corresponding to the non-commissioned naval rank last held by them in the Permanent
                        Defence Force, or in the Reserve of Men (First Line) if a vacancy exists in Establishments for a
                        non-commissioned officer of such rank or, if such vacancy does not exist, in a lower noncommissioned
                        rank in which there is a vacancy.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                        X