Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
    Is Raingear for RDF on scale of issue or is it pool issue?
    cos
    em
    i was "issued" a set a few years back... 4 times people have tried to sign it back in from stores that I didnt sign it out of
    Pool issue of soft ordnance

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      Is Raingear for RDF on scale of issue or is it pool issue?
      cos
      em
      i was "issued" a set a few years back... 4 times people have tried to sign it back in from stores that I didnt sign it out of
      “You never actually own wetgear. You merely take care of it for the next generation.”
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Raingear is on the scale of issue for Integrated RDF so those of you who were on that are the only people who are authorized for non-pool issue wear.

Barrack jackets have never been authorized for wear by RDF even though a q may have buckshee'd a few to RDF men ; enjoy poking fun at fat RDF barrack rats wearing them. Being issued kit is not the same as being allowed wear it. Talk to the nice guys in J4. Similar arguments apply to IPLCS ; only an Integrated RDF member could ever have been permanently issued IPLCS against their number rather than on a TV

ZOMG its all messed up ( and like everything RDF we are coming to the end of a 3 year period without the regs being fixed to help any of it) /rantoff
        Last edited by trellheim; 21 January 2015, 13:21.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
          my major problem is the length of the smock and lack of braces on the trousers. smock flapping around my thighs and trousers inching down just annoy me no end. they combine to reduce leg movement crawling, climbing, running etc. no use when tactical and just distracting.

to this end i have my own braces for trousers and usually wear smock with hem elastic tucked up like the old combats used to be worn. Result is much more comfortable, agile mid-section and no trousers sliding down when wet, muddy, etc. although only drawback is the smart comments from some about being old sweat, etc.
          Try wearing one of the old OG combat jackets.Once they were washed they started to shrink!Sitting on wet ground with one of them on is a pain in a the arse(pun intended).Thats why the smocks were a longer cut so they would cover you on such occasions.They have double ended zip that you can undo from the bottom if you need more leg freedom.I must say it was never a problem for me.If doing FIBUA shirst or UBCAS are the way to dress anyway.

Any idea what the Velcro on the waist pockets of the jacket is for?
          Was curious about that....
          Geneva cross to designate as a trauma kit pocket.
          The DF need to adopt a sizing system like the Brits have with your height/chest measurements across all items of clothing so you don't have to get a medium smock, XL dryflows, XL norgie and a Large shirt...then there's the size variation between different batches from different orders.
          We have/are all members of the DF have to be sized for a new online size roll which is live on the PMS.This will inform future clothing purchases.You are measured for head circumference,chest size,waist,hip seat,inside leg.My unit(PDF side AFAIK) is 90% complete on this already.This should also help standardise sizes when ordering from the supplier.

The zips on the combat trousers pockets break my f***ing heart
          If they fully detach, the zip is a b'stard to reconnect (unless you take the trousers off.... try that one before a muster parade on the square.... )
          A tip I heard to prevent this is to glue the end of the zip when it is hooked up. This prevents the zip from opening fully
          Just get a tailor to put a stitch across the end of the zips.Job jobbed

Also found that when I stuck the current issue shirt in the wash, that there was fabric wear on one of the sleeves afterwards... :(
          At least with the previous issue shirt, no such wear was obvious after first wash
          Wouldn't be the right arm sleeve by any chance??Design flaw(to be rectified AFAIK with the 2014 batch).The end of the nametag rubs against the underarm causing wear as the pockets and nametag are too low on the 20010-2013 shirts.Wasn't a problem with the old shirts as the pockets and thus the nametag above them angled upwards on the arm side.Nothing to do with washing.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• We have/are all members of the DF have to be sized for a new online size roll which is live on the PMS
            Does that include boot size ? Relevant question for me atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
              Try wearing one of the old OG combat jackets.Once they were washed they started to shrink!Sitting on wet ground with one of them on is a pain in a the arse(pun intended).Thats why the smocks were a longer cut so they would cover you on such occasions.
              Apod, you're not the only one that remembers pre-dpm days

The OGs weren't perfect either...i well remember trouser liners being cut out, etc. and all sorts of little "alterations" being done to make them more comfortable.

I know you zip the bottom of the current smock upwards for more leg freedom but i still think it shows that there could have been further improvements made on the design. my arse still gets wet sitting on wet ground regardless of which uniform i've worn

as you said yourself, there is an issue with "combat inspection" officers paying more attention to how kit looks than actually letting functionality dictate design.
              Last edited by X-RayOne; 21 January 2015, 16:09.
              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                The French.
                I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                He put a bullet through his brain.
                And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                  Does that include boot size ? Relevant question for me atm.
                  Yes.My bad.Forgot that size is included also.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                    They have double ended zip that you can undo from the bottom if you need more leg freedom...
                    Every day's a school day!

Geneva cross to designate as a trauma kit pocket
                    Wouldn't be the right arm sleeve by any chance??Design flaw(to be rectified AFAIK with the 2014 batch).The end of the nametag rubs against the underarm causing wear as the pockets and nametag are too low on the 2010-2013 shirts.Wasn't a problem with the old shirts as the pockets and thus the nametag above them angled upwards on the arm side.Nothing to do with washing.
                    Was indeed the upper inner portion of the right hand sleeve. Cheers Apod, as I said above, every day's a school day
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Anybody know where I can get waterproof paper to make up new tams.Mine are falling apart and need replacing. They are homemade laminated version

Comment

• They do a A5 (think it is 2 per A4)

Takes a while to get it set up right

Comment

• Just a heads up. RVops sold up a few years back and were bought out by a seller who kept the name but not the high standards of customer care and attention(which you tend to get with a couple of ex-booties running the show).The current seller is trading on their name and reputation.
                          Let the buyer beware.

Comment

• Just a heads up. RVops sold up a few years back and were bought out by a seller who kept the name but not the high standards of customer care and attention(which you tend to get with a couple of ex-booties running the show).The current seller is trading on their name and reputation.
                            Let the buyer beware.
                            I had heard that as well, that is a huge pity as they were superb, by far the best suppliers of on-the-ground-kit in terms of quality if not price.

Comment

• Anyone out there even close to RVOPS guys? Im just in off the ground from instructing on a career course and realise that im shy some kit which isnt standard issue to me.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• What are you looking for Morpheus?
                                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X