No announcement yet.

Restoration of RDF pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried to contact and will try to contact again.

Were you aware of this pay discrepancy DeV? I find it strange that members weren't questioning what they were getting paid against the actual scales and just accepting the amounts received were accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
      Actually, can anyone with an RDFRA connection or otherwise confirm if the RDF pay is based off the below pay scales less 10%?

Or has RDFRA dropped the ball here and the RDF aren't getting the increases (after already taking the 10%)?

UPDATE

Just looked at the military.ie site and it seems the RDF is getting paid on an older scale which is possibly 90% of whatever pay was back in 2013 before any increases were given.

Not sure if RDF members were calculating out there payslips but either we are getting paid incorrectly or the RDF hasn't got the same increases PDFORRA got for the PDF further increasing the pay gap.
      Bagger Dividend
      Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

I'm genuinely shocked that this wasn't noticed before. In my civilian employment, there would be staff up in arms if they were paid a cent less than entitled. Perhaps there has been more concern with RDF pay coming in at all rather than if it was correct.

Can't find anything else on here so I'm going to keep chasing the official sources.

Comment

Or has RDFRA dropped the ball here and the RDF aren't getting the increases (after already taking the 10%)?
          It is RDFRA...what do you expect? They haven't updated their website since 2015.

And you want to give them money?

I put another one to you - everyone is entitled to Holiday Pay!

Under the "Organisation of Working Time Act 1997", every employee of every type (part-time, Full Time or occasional) is entitled to at least 8% of their time spent in employment as annual leave. So, roughly, over a 2 week period of training, you are entitled to 0.8 days annual paid leave. Have you ever seen any of that money? Have you ever gotten paid leave in the RDF? That is another 8% that should be added to everyone's pay. There are many who have done far more than 2 weeks training and never received any annual leave or paid holidays.

RDFRA were told about this at least 10 years ago. RDFRA have been continually told about this.

Save your money, young man, and stay away from RDFRA.
          Last edited by Poiuyt; 5 November 2018, 18:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Poiuyt View Post

Under the "Organisation of Working Time Act 1997", every employee of every type (part-time, Full Time or occasional) is entitled to at least 8% of their time spent in employment as annual leave. So, roughly, over a 2 week period of training, you are entitled to 0.8 days annual paid leave. Have you ever seen any of that money? Have you ever gotten paid leave in the RDF? That is another 8% that should be added to everyone's pay. There are many who have done far more than 2 weeks training and never received any annual leave or paid holidays.

RDFRA were told about this at least 10 years ago. RDFRA have been continually told about this.

I actually know for a fact that British reservists get this but anyway.

Comment

Tried to contact and will try to contact again.

Were you aware of this pay discrepancy DeV? I find it strange that members weren't questioning what they were getting paid against the actual scales and just accepting the amounts received were accurate.

I'm genuinely shocked that this wasn't noticed before. In my civilian employment, there would be staff up in arms if they were paid a cent less than entitled. Perhaps there has been more concern with RDF pay coming in at all rather than if it was correct.

Can't find anything else on here so I'm going to keep chasing the official sources.
              I wasn’t aware

It would help if:
              (a) the pay scales weren’t so complicated
              (b) they were kept up to date on the DoD & DF websites
              (c) if they took down old ones
              (d) your payslip actually said the dates and/or Mandays your being paid for
              (e) you were actually paid the day your supposed to be paid

It is RDFRA...what do you expect? They haven't updated their website since 2015.

And you want to give them money?

Members of the DF are exempt from the Organisation of Working Time Act

I actually know for a fact that British reservists get this but anyway.
              only in the last few years

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                Members of the DF are exempt from the Organisation of Working Time Act
                No, they are not exempt.

Comment

No, they are not exempt.

I think the DF may be but that may change from what I've heard in the media.

Comment

https://www.workplacerelations.ie/en...-Act-Guide.pdf

I think the DF may be but that may change from what I've heard in the media.
                    The DF are down as being exempt, but this was found to be unconstitutional and therefore incorrect. PDFORRA did their homework on this - RDFRA ignored it.

Comment

No, they are not exempt.
                      100% correct.PDFORRA have taken cases to the High court recently,and won, based on the working time directive. DF Management is still trying to work out how to implement it,but they have no choice.They must.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Being honest, I'm less worried about the working time and entitlement to holidays and more worried about the fact that the pay scales seem to be years out of whack.

At least when there was no 10% (it's more from what I can see) difference to the PDF, it was difficult to justify not noticing the difference.

Comment

As far as I can see from media and open source PDFORRA reports:

The DF is exempt until the Organisation of Working Time Act is amended.

The High Court case was settled it wasn’t found to be unconstitutional.

The European Committee on Social Rights ruling doesn’t relate to the Organisation of Working Time Act or WTD

I’m open to correction but that’s what a bit of googling says

Comment

Either way, Auldsod seems to have identified a pay issue that has slipped us all by.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                              100% correct.PDFORRA have taken cases to the High court recently,and won, based on the working time directive. DF Management is still trying to work out how to implement it,but they have no choice.They must.
                              If this happens, will back pay have to be paid? also if thats the case, i assume that RDF will also be able to claim this back?
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                                Either way, Auldsod seems to have identified a pay issue that has slipped us all by.
                                I didn't get a chance today but I'll ring the RDFRA tomorrow.

I've done some work on excel and worked out the % difference between RDF and PDF pay. It's particularly pronounced at the Corporal rank. 14% lower than PDF at the lowest scale! My last pay was exactly in line with the scale below taken from military.ie for the RDF.

If I'm right about the below, this will probably warrant it's own thread. (non sure if the below link will work).

Click image for larger version

Name:	pay calcs.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	698232
                                Last edited by Auldsod; 6 November 2018, 16:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X