Foreign Naval Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post
    This must be it, according to the Indo he is an officer.

http://www.thejournal.ie/arrest-us-n...02826-Mar2017/
    To the indo everyone in the navy is an officer. The Journal only says he is a sailor.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Cant be much to it if the alleged suspect was allowed leave the jurisdiction .

Comment

• Some shore leave , not confined to the precincts of the port .
        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Cant be much to it if the alleged suspect was allowed leave the jurisdiction .
          Reported as an in-house incident. Victim and culprit were shipmates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
            Reported as an in-house incident. Victim and culprit were shipmates.
            How does that work the US navy has no jurisdiction in Dublin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion View Post
              How does that work the US navy has no jurisdiction in Dublin?
              there will be an agreement between the Irish government and the US government about how such things are dealt with - the Irish government will be happy to not have to deal with it and the American government would prefer to keep it in house.

everyone else manages this stuff - and frankly, if no agreement was in place, the US government would not allow its ships to dock in Ireland except in a dire emergency.

Comment

• I can think of a few incidents involving our own which happened in other jurisdictions and they were dealt with on board with the agreement of the local cops .
                Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                  there will be an agreement between the Irish government and the US government about how such things are dealt with - the Irish government will be happy to not have to deal with it and the American government would prefer to keep it in house.

everyone else manages this stuff - and frankly, if no agreement was in place, the US government would not allow its ships to dock in Ireland except in a dire emergency.

Will prob be dealt with under the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). From what i can gather the JAG are fairly severe with serious crimes. This person could pontentially serve time in a Military Prison!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post

Not so sure if this applies, the Shannon incursionists would dine out on that given that all international arreagements need a vote. If the alleged victim was a influential local no way would the matter be exported. It will be very expensive to get local witnesses over to the US esp as they cannot be compelled and this may render a trial unviable.

Comment

• Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
                      Will prob be dealt with under the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). From what i can gather the JAG are fairly severe with serious crimes. This person could pontentially serve time in a Military Prison!!
                      I would say the local NCIS field office would also be looking into this matter.

It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                      It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                      It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                      It was the year everything changed.

Comment

Not so sure if this applies, the Shannon incursionists would dine out on that given that all international arreagements need a vote. If the alleged victim was a influential local no way would the matter be exported. It will be very expensive to get local witnesses over to the US esp as they cannot be compelled and this may render a trial unviable.
                        Did you miss the part where it was said the victim was also a USN person, i.e no locals involved?

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                          Did you miss the part where it was said the victim was also a USN person, i.e no locals involved?
                          Yes I got it, hence the use of "If". The alleged event occurred here and would be amenable to local laws.

Comment

Yes I got it, hence the use of "If". The alleged event occurred here and would be amenable to local laws.
                            Of course it would, and it has, and the US military have had absolutely no hesitation flying their people over to face justice in the past, regardless of the severity of the offence.
                            So a bit of a moot point really.

Comment

• Apologies if this is the wrong thread/forum: HMS Severn in Belfast Monday 19th June 2017.
                              "Join the army....see the world....meet interesting people....then kill them!"
                              "Join the navy....see the world....meet interesting people....get rotten crotch!"

Comment

• Two foreign naval visits to Cork over the weekend. First off a french tug which has become a regular visitor.
                                The second was possibly the first visit of the new(ish) Belgian patrol vessel BNS Castor.

Comment

Working...
                                X