Cav/arty locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
    I smell pretty good I'll have you know!!!
    Only when you are standing beside a Platoon of Infantry.
    Not your fault.Racoons are notorious for smelling bad.

Cavalry Corpse: latin name : cavalrous useless-ous. Distinctive odour; Diesel ,farts and fear.
    Last edited by apod; 10 July 2018, 12:04.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
      Only when you are standing beside a Platoon of Infantry.
      Not your fault.Racoons are notorious for smelling bad.

Cavalry Corpse: latin name : cavalrous useless-ous. Distinctive odour; Diesel ,farts and fear.
      Oh APOD, my sweet smelling infantry friend, I do love the smell of Diesel in the morning. And the only fear the Cav have is that some gravel agitators will shoot us in the back while protecting your flanks or doing a recce to make sure your path is safe. The things we do to look after ye
      Last edited by ODIN; 10 July 2018, 14:14.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
        Oh APOD, my sweet smelling infantry friend, I do love the smell of Diesel in the morning. And the only fear the Cav have is that some gravel agitators will shoot us in the back while protecting your flanks or doing a recce to make sure your path is safe. The things we do to look after ye
        Cav man inside tin can : " Oh shit,literally everything can kill us bar a rifle and I can't even see where the threat is coming from.WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!".

Infantry Man outside tin can: "Those fools can't even see me sneak up with my SRAAW/84/JAV.If it's tracked it's whacked,oh and it's a lovely day out here I can see for miles".
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

h APOD, my sweet smelling infantry friend, I do love the smell of Diesel in the morning. And the only fear the Cav have is that some gravel agitators will shoot us in the back while protecting your flanks or doing a recce to make sure your path is safe. The things we do to look after ye
          Smelling sweet while standing next to infantry is easy because they all Pukes!...and its a comparison not an enhancement!

Interesting to note that the Infantry probably have more APCs than the Cav have AFVs... so who is a smelly diesel head now!!!!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Smelling sweet while standing next to infantry is easy because they all Pukes!...and its a comparison not an enhancement!

Interesting to note that the Infantry probably have more APCs than the Cav have AFVs... so who is a smelly diesel head now!!!!
            Shhhhh. Don't mention the Blood clots. And if the Infantry have more armour than the Cav,then why exactly do we need them again???LOL

Comment

Shhhhh. Don't mention the Blood clots. And if the Infantry have more armour than the Cav,then why exactly do we need them again???LOL
              To show you how to do your job properly?
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmit� View Post
                To show you how to do your job properly?

Ah.No.
                The Cav don't close with and kill the enemy and seize and hold ground on any terrain and under any weather conditions by day and by night.

"We don't do sections attacks" Quote,unquote. Cav NCO to LFTT Instr when asked why his team hadn't brought Bayonets.

Anyway. Time to shift fire to the Dropshorts now.

Comment

Ah.No.
                  The Cav don't close with and kill the enemy and seize and hold ground on any terrain and under any weather conditions by day and by night.

"We don't do sections attacks" Quote,unquote. Cav NCO to LFTT Instr when asked why his team hadn't brought Bayonets.

Anyway. Time to shift fire to the Dropshorts now.
                  Just curious - How many times have you closed with and killed an enemy that was firing live ammunition at you? And the playstation doesnt count!
                  Last edited by Chuck; 11 July 2018, 18:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    Just curious - How many times have you closed with and killed an enemy that was firing live ammunition at you? And the playstation doesnt count!
                    About the same amount of time you have had a dogfight with a Mig 29 in your "Fighter jet".(usually while humming "danger zone" to yourself).
                    Goose and maverick? More like Ostrich and Emu.

(This is getting good.All we need now is to start squidbashing and we will have a proper tri-service slagging match)

Comment

To be fair your comparison is like asking a section of ground pounders to unhitch, set up and fire a 105. Its not what they train to do daily, though if pushed, they would give it a go, and everyone would end up injured, except the enemy.
                      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

About the same amount of time you have had a dogfight with a Mig 29 in your "Fighter jet".(usually while humming "danger zone" to yourself).
                        Goose and maverick? More like Ostrich and Emu.

(This is getting good.All we need now is to start squidbashing and we will have a proper tri-service slagging match)
                        You could've just been honest and said never! There is no shame in it.

To be fair though - "steely eyed dealers of death".

Nothing will get a bigger laugh than that! Classic.

Comment

You could've just been honest and said never! There is no shame in it.

To be fair though - "steely eyed dealers of death".

Nothing will get a bigger laugh than that! Classic.
                          Nope.The AC acting like the are a real airforce usually gets the biggest laughs.
                          Airfarce more like.

PS: Always one dryballs at a slagging match. Get with the spirit.

Comment

Nope.The AC acting like the are a real airforce usually gets the biggest laughs.
                            Airfarce more like.

PS: Always one dryballs at a slagging match. Get with the spirit.
                            "Airfarce" I see what you did there. I have never witnessed such wit and ingenuity! I can see all that time spent weeding and cleaning windows has paid off in dividends!
                            Last edited by Chuck; 12 July 2018, 09:14.

Comment

"Airfarce" I see what you did there. I have never witnessed such wit and ingenuity! I can see all that time spent weeding and cleaning windows has paid off in dividends!
                              Yawn. C'mon .You can do better than that. How long are you in the DF? Have you not honed your slagging skills by now?
                              Last chance to come back with something good or I am going back to slagging the Daniel boone fan club.

The closest the AC will get to real jets:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Irish AC does Top Gun.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	698205
                              Last edited by apod; 13 July 2018, 17:35.

Comment

Don't fret, soon enough there will be a good bit of rain and those pesky weeds will be growing like there's no tomorrow. It hasn't been great window cleaning weather either by all accounts, sunshine is a nightmare for streak marks. Luckily the floors still need a bit of polish every now and then, otherwise you would be completely idle!

I know you are an infantry fanatic but this kit will probably be more useful to you than any fancy pouches or head torch. Not sure why it's not on the scale of issue to be honest! Thankfully the CQ has it covered.

I'm sure a whip around could be organised.

Comment

Working...
                                X