X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
    I think a subdued tricolour might be a bit pointless
    So' s a DPM uniform with big shiny patches ?
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

So is the DFs policy of wearing the opposite camo overseas, if some nuttter is looking for a target to shoot at i reckon a lil flag might be the least of your worries

Comment

Originally posted by cs gass View Post
        so is the dfs policy of wearing the opposite camo overseas, if some nuttter is looking for a target to shoot at i reckon a lil flag might be the least of your worries
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
          Chad/DPM
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
            Chad/DPM
            Ah right.... as in the desert DPM the seven in the sandbox are wearing, versus
            the normal temperate DPM....

Comment

Does this come with a stash bag ?
              No. No need it scrunches down small enough that it will fit in a ziploc bag.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Are there any pics of the new DPM jacket anywere?

Comment

Has anyone seen this??

Apparently some airsoft shop has decided to manufacture their own under-armor shirts in Irish DPM???

The shirt pictured obviously isn't the one their on about as it hasn't been made yet. The one in the pic i think is Desert Flectarn

I don't know if they're supposed to be proper ones or just being made to look the part or something, but i just thought this was worth a mention here.

I don't know exactly who they intend their supplier is supposed to be, but my guess would be Protac? So it wouldn't be true Irish DPM, rather the commercial copy Protac has??
                  Last edited by spaceghetti; 6 February 2010, 01:55.

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                    Has anyone seen this??

Apparently some airsoft shop has decided to manufacture their own under-armor shirts in Irish DPM???

The shirt pictured obviously isn't the one their on about as it hasn't been made yet. The one in the pic i think is Desert Flectarn

I don't know if they're supposed to be proper ones or just being made to look the part or something, but i just thought this was worth a mention here.

I don't know exactly who they intend their supplier is supposed to be, but my guess would be Protac? So it wouldn't be true Irish DPM, rather the commercial copy Protac has??

theres a link to their irish DPM stuff, looks like the protac stuff alright...
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                      http://gotactical.ie/category.php?id_category=62

Yeah i've actually bought a few nametags off them.

But unlike their other stuff, the nametags and rank markings are actually proper Irish DPM and not protac stuff. I'd say they make the nametags and rank markings out of old smocks or something? Because i've seen a few and some of them seem to be made out of the current DPM and others are made out of the version of the DPM from a few years back.

Comment

Has anyone seen this??

Looks more like the French CE pattern than Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                          Looks more like the French CE pattern than Irish.
                          No it hasn't been made yet, read the description. They're just trying to figure out how much demand there is before they start manufacturing it.

The pictures are only there to show what an under armor shirt looks like. The first pic is in Desert Flecktarn, two of them are in French CCE and the last is Brit DPM i think.

The final product would be Irish DPM, or possibly Protac IDPM
                          Last edited by spaceghetti; 6 February 2010, 02:27.

Comment

Just underneath are the manufacturers details and what the supposed specs of the shirt will be like

More details about " Irish DPM Under Armour Shirts"

This product is expected to retail for €70.00 discounts for members of the Defence Forces.

The company Tacconcept, the trademark Tacgear

Since our company was founded in 2003, we have been very succesful in establishing a unique reputation for providing innovative and good value equipment for military and security personnel.

In a short space of time we have become the partner of choice for serious operators built on our experience with the German Special Forces.

Our relationship with our customers has ensured the continuous development of our products to meet the ever changing needs of a dynamic business. Very high standards of materials and manufacturing are employed to meet and sometimes exceed standard military specifications. Field experience is used to develop the design and structure of our product range.

Professionals need professional equipment!

Description:

50/50 NyCo rip stop fabric / 100% polyester (moisture wicking, fast drying, breathable)
                            YKK-zips
                            YKK Velcro
                            Mandarine zip collar
                            2 Arm pockets with additional compartments Velcro for IR-tag on back
                            Reinforced Cordura ellbows with removable closed cell foam pads
                            Contour designed arm cuffs with Velcro
                            Velcro for name tab
                            So it will be a proper under-armour and not some lookalike thing??

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                              http://gotactical.ie/category.php?id_category=62

They also sell the issue Irish DPM body armour!

I saw a guy on tactics wearing this, i always wondered where he got it!

Comment

They also sell the issue Irish DPM body armour!

I saw a guy on tactics wearing this, i always wondered where he got it!
                                they will be selling the boonie too! probably protac...

(that, again, isnt it )

would like to get my hands on one of those...
                                I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                                Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                                Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                                And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                                With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                                He put a bullet through his brain.
                                And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                                Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                                Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                                The hell where youth and laughter go.