Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
    With a cover, few will notice the difference.
    Exactly. Here it is covered alongside my PPE too...

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      I always think this is one of the best threads on IMO- Its what IMO should be about. Well done lads.

What should go into a personal combat first aid kit- ?
      To answer your question Hedge, I think the bare minimum on your person should be this....

TCCC + Med Tac Aide
      CAT
      Izzy Dressing
      Rubber Gloves

Bagged up with blood group and ZAP number on bag. Comfortably fits in map pocket (map for scale).

This kit would probably cost about €20, but would be far more suitable for immediate trauma care than the small FFDs we carry in our arm pockets. Not to mention more accessible for self aid if it's in your trouser map pocket.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
        To answer your question Hedge, I think the bare minimum on your person should be this....

TCCC + Med Tac Aide
        CAT
        Izzy Dressing
        Rubber Gloves
        You're missing some items in there: you should have 2 dressings and 2 H&H compressed gauzes to pack wounds. And in case you treat some locals, a few more pairs of gloves !!
        "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

• Plus a yellow Cyalume for night time casualty marking.
          Putting the dressing in the thigh pocket is gone out with the Ark.What happens when you have to wade a river??SOP for most armies that have them is one dressing in each sleeve pocket along with a CAT.In case the other arm/hand is out of action.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Now gents I did say 'bare minimum'. Which is still far superior to what we're issued. You'll note from my previous posts that the IFAK I carry on my vest is far more comprehensive. I can repost it if necessary. I also did the advanced tactical medic course with the ESTI which was instructed by serving US SWAT and Military instructors. So while I'm no authority on the subject, I'm not completely naive either.

I agree about the trouser map pocket comment, but the smock arm pocket is too small for purpose. Plus if the opposing arm/hand is damaged, you won't be able to access the FFD for self aid. The front smock pockets would be obstructed by CBA and BV for ease of access. Which is why I mentioned the trouser map pocket for a CAT and FFD on your first line kit. Hopefully the new UBACS coming on stream will have more accommodating real estate on the arms.

Comment

• If you want to go full gucci S&S buy this for your CAT

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• I vaguely remember Apod answering this before but I can't find the thread, where does the bayonet go on the IPLCS BV? Edit - Scratch that found the post.

On the back of the daysack & main pack there's a female quick release buckle on a kinda triangular strip of webbing, what's it for? Is it for stopping a radio/some other heavy thing bouncing around? The Webbing on with the male end of the buckle is attached to the front of the daysack, can't remember where the male end is on the main pack.

Without the sizing stick thing they have in stores how do you figure out how to adjust the back of the main pack? Maybe this; http://www.lowealpine.com/support/fitting-a-tfx-pack ?
                Last edited by The real Jack; 26 February 2014, 18:47.
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• I assume it in to secure/compress the load

Comment

• On the back of the daysack & main pack there's a female quick release buckle on a kinda triangular strip of webbing, what's it for? Is it for stopping a radio/some other heavy thing bouncing around? The Webbing on with the male end of the buckle is attached to the front of the daysack, can't remember where the male end is on the main pack.
                    Both those central straps under the lids of the respective packs are to secure the packs if you have to leave the drawcords/snowlocks open when carrying larger loads or if you need access to radio controls etc.They are also used to compress large loads when packed or to carry(in the Bergens case) the Infantry rollmat stretcher(your own rollmat is on the lower front )
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Just thought of an important point for all the IPLCS B.V virgins out there.Make sure you get the right size from stores.Small.medium and large.The sizes equate to the wearers height not chest/waist size.As a guide only people over 6ft tall should use a large.

Comment

• Apod when wearing the vest should it be tight on you or is a little "bounce" in the front normal?
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                          Apod when wearing the vest should it be tight on you or is a little "bounce" in the front normal?
                          That'll be the belly
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bam Bam View Post
                            Apod when wearing the vest should it be tight on you or is a little "bounce" in the front normal?
                            It really depends on how tight the side adjusters are and if the front straps are done up.The key to the vest being comfortable is the belt.it holds it all together and stops the back piece riding up.I posted before in this thread how you need to adjust/tape the belt to make it 100% snug.Adjusting the side straps is a buddy buddy effort initially.Then you tape them.After that each time you put it on it should be the same fit.Keep track of the serial number and where possible request that vest each time you draw IPLCS.You can leave the straps /belt taped when returning it to stores as long as the vest is clean.

To reiterate.NCO's make sure the right sizes are issued to the people of corresponding height!!.A 5" 5 person will suffer big time id wearing a large vest.

PS: Forgot to add when wearing the BV with the bottom side straps unclipped IE when worn with Patrol pack or Bergen the vest gets pushed up slightly at the front and can feel looser than normal but tha'st where the BV belt comes into its own keeping the BV tight to you.
                            Last edited by apod; 13 March 2014, 17:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                              It really depends on how tight the side adjusters are and if the front straps are done up.The key to the vest being comfortable is the belt.it holds it all together and stops the back piece riding up.I posted before in this thread how you need to adjust/tape the belt to make it 100% snug.Adjusting the side straps is a buddy buddy effort initially.Then you tape them.After that each time you put it on it should be the same fit.Keep track of the serial number and where possible request that vest each time you draw IPLCS.You can leave the straps /belt taped when returning it to stores as long as the vest is clean.

To reiterate.NCO's make sure the right sizes are issued to the people of corresponding height!!.A 5" 5 person will suffer big time id wearing a large vest.

PS: Forgot to add when wearing the BV with the bottom side straps unclipped IE when worn with Patrol pack or Bergen the vest gets pushed up slightly at the front and can feel looser than normal but tha'st where the BV belt comes into its own keeping the BV tight to you.
                              Why do you undo those clips?

Comment

• Its so the hip pad on the backpack or waiststrap on the daysack can be secured around the body.

Do the straps go over or through the clips?
                                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Working...
                                X