No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Mediterranean EU rescue patrols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm proud as fkuc of our Naval Service. Well done one and all.
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Good work by Kennedy, sober visuals and good editing . Porridge for 800 at the hatch what. Stunning stuff all.
      Last edited by trellheim; 13 December 2016, 00:13.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• some loo-las on claire byrne ffs afterwards dragging every agenda out.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• My opinion of O'Doherty was never very high, but tonight he came accross like an Irish Farage.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            Good work by Kennedy, sober visuals and good editing . Porridge for 800 at the hatch what. Stunning stuff all.
            When you think of a ship like the Beckett's having that many people on board, or the comment made about the deck crew of just 6 or 7 maintaining order to that number...

Comment

some loo-las on claire byrne ffs afterwards dragging every agenda out.
              Yeah I had to turn that off, it was full of crap.

Comment

Good work by Kennedy, sober visuals and good editing . Porridge for 800 at the hatch what. Stunning stuff all.
                She's married to a NS officer the result was an excellent honest documentary.

Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
                When you think of a ship like the Beckett's having that many people on board, or the comment made about the deck crew of just 6 or 7 maintaining order to that number...
                When you think she has about 50 berths and with 750+ survivors plus the crew plus the additional personnel on board......

I was on LE SB on Easter Monday and was talking to the LS who was interviewed.

That is a hard 3 month deployment

Comment

• True enough, the strain on the crew must have been simply massive, in fairness to the Kennedy and her team it was a great insight to what the Navy is facing.

On a random aside, are those "shields" at the MG positions new, or just set up for situations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
                    True enough, the strain on the crew must have been simply massive, in fairness to the Kennedy and her team it was a great insight to what the Navy is facing.

On a random aside, are those "shields" at the MG positions new, or just set up for situations?
                    Contract was out for them a few years ago

Comment

• Good show, great naval service doing worthy work. Whilst the award is warranted, they require more ships instead of awards. I thought that the start was a bit lame and did not show the planing and effort made to get the ship to the med it the first place. Well done lads

Comment

• I was impressed. I won't go over the top but those Right Wing pundits on the later show were an in appropriate intervention. The humanity and attempts to resuscitate, feed,and care for so many traumatized people brings admiration it deserves. Medals? I would give a relevant DSM to boat crews, medics, and caterers for efforts above and beyond! I love the way Op Pontus has taken on some of the aspects of Op Sophia, especially the destruction of smuggler boats and the "Stand To" on the intrusion of the Libyan CG/Navy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
                          i love the way Op Pontus has taken on some of the aspects of Op Sophia, especially the destruction of smuggler boats and the "Stand To" on the intrusion of the Libyan CG/Navy.
                          reasonable approach to adopt

Comment

• Horrendous situation.

Maybe use of large placards with pictures showing people to "sit down" and loud short sound blasts to stop people shouting?

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
                              Horrendous situation.

Maybe use of large placards with pictures showing people to "sit down" and loud short sound blasts to stop people shouting?
                              I was looking at that and thinking the same thing, maybe some speakers on the ribs that play pre-recorded messages in french & arabic as the rib approaches, however having never set foot on a rib I wonder is it practical?
                              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                Contract was out for them a few years ago
                                Knew that there was a contract for them, but I've never seen them fitted before, cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X