No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are a lot more important things that need fixing urgently (that should have been fixed 10 years ago) that would cost nothing but no!

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      I would hope that RDF have a green patch behind the capbadge. Purely for ID purposes.Precedent there already when we had the AAS in Naas.They had a blue patch.
      Single force now though, same uniform, same shoulder patches.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Apparently you are getting reserve shoulder patches to id you .

Comment

• Is that not just for SD1s

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
            I always salute RDF officers.Makes them feel important
            Seriously though its the presidential commission you salute.Not the wearer or the hat colour.
            I would hope that RDF have a green patch behind the capbadge. Purely for ID purposes.Precedent there already when we had the AAS in Naas.They had a blue patch.
            Why would you need to identify who is RDF and who isn't?
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• late 70's early 80's if I recall for going green berets for FCA

When I joined in 1986 we had a round red F.C.A shoulder badge for SD 1s so there is precedent.

For those PDF whose eyesight wasn't the best we also had maroon epaulettes

The next thing, like pioneer Sgts who carry the axe, is for a small bag of sand to be proudly carried hanging from the left side of the belt to identify our heritage to our scared and nervous regular colleagues.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• If the reason for this is the SFC, then any suggestion of a different patch or shoulder flashes defeats the object

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                  Why would you need to identify who is RDF and who isn't?
                  Well for starters RDF are not allowed in certain installations,as they have no business in them.
                  Also we will know who we can tell to be there tomorrow or hold from going home for weeks at a time
                  Last edited by kaiser; 14 February 2015, 13:13.

Comment

• So we can say "Thats only RDF" when we see people going around with beards and smigs
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• I have to also say there seems to be a lot of gear queers whose ears prick up on the mention of kit , especially if the Pdf have it
                      Peak caps Bks jacket etc ALL of which with black beret included are for bk life not for ops or ex.
                      Let those with IT,s medicals etc be to the front of your queues.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                        Well for starters RDF are not allowed in certain installations,as they have no business in them.
                        Also we will know who we can tell to be there tomorrow or hold from going home for weeks at a time
                        So what are these magical places where only the ordinary average PDF type can go?
                        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

So what are these magical places where only the ordinary average PDF type can go?
                          You don't know because your not meant to know!!

Comment

• Well for starters RDF are not allowed in certain installations,as they have no business in them.
                            Do you know what, there are no places I can think of in DF/DOD properties where an RDF soldier has not been on a duty, instructed, or had a legit job to do by which I mean he was there and had a valid reason to be there I'd offer to people to put up places and I'll knock them down but its an open forum. PM me if you think you've a place.
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Pm sent. And not every Pdf guy can go either. And for thellheim Knocking them out unless he is full time employed in ops how will he know??

Comment

No 1 Tactical Fighter Wing HQ in Abbeyshrule
                                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Working...
                                X