Lee Enfields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
    ...the thing is only very few can hold a weapon above .22 calibre in ireland...
    Really you should have a look in my gun safe so

Among other firearms I've a lovely Long Branch, 1941, Lee Enfield No. 4, Mk 1

Not to mention that it's illegal to shoot deer with a .22

Once again I direct you to www.vcrai.com
    Last edited by bunny shooter; 4 December 2011, 17:09.

Comment

Yeah GR, you are pretty off with that. Loads of 308 and 270s out there.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicklaman View Post
        That's already public knowledge (it's where the "new" spotter FNs are sourced from).
        It's not; the spotter FNs were sourced from DF surplus stocks.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
          It's not; the spotter FNs were sourced from DF surplus stocks.
          I'm not getting where what you said and what I said are different.

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
            Really you should have a look in my gun safe so

Among other firearms I've a lovely Long Branch, 1941, Lee Enfield No. 4, Mk 1

Not to mention that it's illegal to shoot deer with a .22

Once again I direct you to www.vcrai.com
            ok no better man to stand corrected but i once went to buy a .22 in the eighties but got such an interagation from local gardai i gave up and enjoyed firing 7.62 on my range practises..again i thought all weapons above .22 were collected at the start of troubles...

Comment

ok no better man to stand corrected but i once went to buy a .22 in the eighties but got such an interagation from local gardai i gave up and enjoyed firing 7.62 on my range practises..again i thought all weapons above .22 were collected at the start of troubles...
              brought you the range....luck bastard.|I was brought once to the range after recruits,it was foggy and we couldn't fire, anything after that that resembled range practise involved sinking bags of gash with a an FN or firing at a Milk Crate dropped over the stern on a heaving line.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
                bags of gash with a an FN or firing at a Milk Crate dropped over the stern on a heaving line.
                typical sailors to have no interest in gash
                "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by Wicklaman View Post
                  I'm not getting where what you said and what I said are different.
                  It's not; completely mis-read what you wrote. Apologies.
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Ah, you're going by the 80's

Things have gotten a good bit better since then

Comment

was on a good few ammo dumps all everyone wanted to do was get rid of all the boxes of old crap and after two or three hours on deck no one cared what was in them...the thing is only very few can hold a weapon above .22 calibre in ireland...
                      Anyone following the furore over the report out last week by the DoJ wherin the GS seek to have basically all legit short firearms prohibited along with S/A shotguns/pumps that are capable of holding more than three rounds and all S/A C/F rifles.The reasons put foward to justify the bans appear to be very selective/self serving,dubious and distorted.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                        Anyone following the furore over the report out last week by the DoJ wherin the GS seek to have basically all legit short firearms prohibited along with S/A shotguns/pumps that are capable of holding more than three rounds and all S/A C/F rifles.The reasons put foward to justify the bans appear to be very selective/self serving,dubious and distorted.
                        No didn't see this - can you post a link ? The DOJ/GS won't rest until all privately owned firearms are made illegal. I applied for my license renewal last May and am still waiting for the local Super to decide. Can anyone tell me the last time a .22 sporting rifle was used in a murder ? Illegal Glocks on the other hand seem to be 2 a penny in Dublin's ganglands.
                        “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
                        ― Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqra View Post
                          No didn't see this - can you post a link ? The DOJ/GS won't rest until all privately owned firearms are made illegal. I applied for my license renewal last May and am still waiting for the local Super to decide. Can anyone tell me the last time a .22 sporting rifle was used in a murder ? Illegal Glocks on the other hand seem to be 2 a penny in Dublin's ganglands.

Read it and weep

Comment

sign here
                            online petition
                            lot of people up in arms (pun intended) over this shite.
                            http://www.sportscoalition.org/petition/
                            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                              typical sailors to have no interest in gash

Click image for larger version

Name:	gash bag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	697920 WTF Was in that gash bag??

Comment

Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
                                They'll try it anywhere, but the Irish government and average man on the street thinks that anyone who wants a firearm is dodgy by definition.
                                Fairly strict over here. Including self-defence justifications which would never fly in Ireland, you can effectively own four weapons. One for self-defence, and one each rifle, pistol and shotgun for sport or hunting purposes. There is often a long waiting process for the competency certificate (knowledge of law and training in use) and licence, which slows things down and the decision is made in a central registry, the firearms officer in your local station just accepts the application, interviews your references and checks your safe.
                                For better or worse there is a dedicated sports/hunter certification which allows you to more or less get anything you want.
                                Of course, it got abused by guys who used it to stock up on large caches of semi-auto ARs, shotguns and AKs just because they could.
                                Of course, that has now come to the attention of the powers that be and as a result it will probably be closed down for everyone. A football star being killed by robbers with (illegal) firearms will probably speed up the process. If I'm criminally minded I could still pop down to Alexandra and buy a fully automatic weapon, possibly from a corrupt cop.
                                Lesson? Government will always clamp down on legal ownership because they can't do anything about illegal firearms and have to be seen to do something, but shooters can be their own worst enemies.
                                Last edited by expat01; 25 November 2014, 04:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X