No announcement yet.

Unifil(3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shamrock and medal parade today in Lebanon.

Attached Files

Comment

• An Israeli Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) has been spotted on the Blue Line today, reportedly the first time it has been used there. It was used to install a spying device near the technical fence close to an UNIFIL position in IndoBatt's AO.

It looks to be a Guardium-LS UGV.

Attached Files

Comment

• RTE Prime Time report from 2000 on the 1980 killings of Pte Derek Smallhorne and Pte Thomas Barrett.

Comment

• Updated UNIFIL map with a more detailed breakdown of contingents.

Comment

• Rhodes, thanks for that,Is there a map showing the gates or pv's?

Or are the gates and pv's gone now?
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
              Rhodes, thanks for that,Is there a map showing the gates or pv's?

Or are the gates and pv's gone now?
              All long gone now. The Irish have only one post outside their main camp, 6-52 an outpost along the Blue Line.

Comment

• I think most of the older lads here would get a shiver if they heard "all stations gate 12 has opened up" - I know I would.

I would love to see pictures of the fair ground on hill 880- or even the early bird road going up to it- there has to be literally gallons and gallons of my dna (sweat and spit) on that road.

Comment

• Where the gates bordering the ICA?

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    I think most of the older lads here would get a shiver if they heard "all stations gate 12 has opened up" - I know I would.

I would love to see pictures of the fair ground on hill 880- or even the early bird road going up to it- there has to be literally gallons and gallons of my dna (sweat and spit) on that road.
                    I couldn't find any pictures online so here is one of my own I took two years ago from above At-Tiri. The ferris wheel at the fair ground can clearly be seen however what cant be seen is the half-dozen or so T-55 tanks at a LAF post on the opposite side of the road. The road going up the hill can just about be seen in front of the fun park and behind the trees on the right. What's left of the DFF brown mound is on the left of the picture and out of shot opposite that is post 6-41.

Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks mate, so much of my life was spent looking at that view from various locations. I can't get over the amount of mansions. I used to love the hill, especially when the IDF would close the swing gates and the it became a nudist tanning salon.

Thanks again R.

Comment

• You are showing the age there HH, us young fellas remember echo 219er commencing firing , not Gate 12 !!!! That said the ferris wheel up beside hill 880 is quite a sight and gives an insight into how things have changed for the better. Maybe all those years we spent there made a difference ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Booted Man View Post
                          You are showing the age there HH, us young fellas remember echo 219er commencing firing , not Gate 12 !!!! That said the ferris wheel up beside hill 880 is quite a sight and gives an insight into how things have changed for the better. Maybe all those years we spent there made a difference ......
                          Echo 219er was the mingi shelling- Every evening the C Coy lads would give out the warning "all stations...E219er has commenced firing" but unless it had been preceeded by the all stations shell warning- well then you knew that the shells were (hopefully) landing somewhere safe.

However the poxy gates and the PVs (permanent violation posts) would open up with out warning and when you got the "all stations gate 12 has opened up" then your sphyncter tightened a bit .

I am glad all that old shite is done with and I am glad that there is a ferris wheel on 880, God knows the people there could do with a bit of happiness. I am also glad that I nicked a set of raybans from Willie white van- he sold me a poxy sonny (sic) walkman that didnt work and he wouldnt take it back - him and his mutant inbred brother hafif were pox bottles.

Comment

• Hey hedge do U remember gate 12 when it was only a hinge??
                            Or tyre when it was a tube??
                            Or the black hole when it was a divet?
                            I used to live them

Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                              Hey hedge do U remember gate 12 when it was only a hinge??
                              Or tyre when it was a tube??
                              Or the black hole when it was a divet?
                              I used to live them
                              When fraggle rock was a pebble ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                                When fraggle rock was a pebble ...
                                When the Litani was still a stream

Comment

Working...
                                X