Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
    Is a lease or purchase of the Sisu's?
    Lease until another partner nation joins the mission I believe.

Although, I'm also told and alternative to the Finn handled comms system will be in place for the next rotation.

A lot of changing information!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      Lease until another partner nation joins the mission I believe.

Although, I'm also told and alternative to the Finn handled comms system will be in place for the next rotation.

A lot of changing information!
      Some comms equipment has been purchased from the Finns. Their attitude seems to be if you want it you buy it, no leasing
      Originally they said all Sisu's were being repatriated home but now we're getting a handful.

Comment

Some comms equipment has been purchased from the Finns. Their attitude seems to be if you want it you buy it, no leasing
        Originally they said all Sisu's were being repatriated home but now we're getting a handful.
        Sisu's as in Sisu xa 202 comms fitted command vehicles?
        Last edited by morpheus; 10 September 2018, 16:39.
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          Sisu's as in Sisu xa 202 comms fitted command vehicles?
          XA-180 I believe.

Comment

• the 180 is the original one.... arent they a bit long in the tooth? what comms equipment do they have?
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              the 180 is the original one.... arent they a bit long in the tooth? what comms equipment do they have?
              All Finnish XA180 have been upgraded to XA185 standard.
              As an aside, are our two home based Sisu still in service?
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmit� View Post
                All Finnish XA180 have been upgraded to XA185 standard.
                As an aside, are our two home based Sisu still in service?
                At least 1 is currently in a gate guardian type position I think the other is in running order

Comment

• Comment

Someone tried to take advantage of the spare capacity coming home.

THE Defence Forces has launched an investigation after 10,000 cigarettes were smuggled on a flight from Lebanon to Ireland. Some 500 boxes were discovered in a bag which had been slipped on to the …

Comment

Must have been fun handballing that from the aircraft into the container.

What's with the speed tape on the flir ball?

Comment

• probably keeping sealant protected as it dries?..........a ton and a half? is that all? It's a hell of a cost just to shift a ton and a half. I hope there was more to it than just that The aircraft has a published payload of 6 tons.
                        Last edited by GoneToTheCanner; 11 November 2018, 05:52.

Comment

• It would also be a huge waste of a 20 foot container, unless it was a very bulky load.

Comment

Great example of OSINT source:

1.5t ordnance (ammo) = 1500kg (Twitter)
                            Weight of 5.56mm ammo can = 15.1kg (1000rds) (Google)
                            Total ammo boxes = 1500/15.1 = approx 100 cans
                            Battlevest has 4 X double magazine (30rds) pouches = 240rds per soldier +30rds on rifle = 270rds per soldier (wiki)

100cans X 1000rds = 100,000rds ÷ 270per soldier = 370 soldiers

436 Irish soldiers serving in UNIFIL (330 before extra 106)

OC No1 Ops Wing could have just said they delivered cargo!

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                              It would also be a huge waste of a 20 foot container, unless it was a very bulky load.
                              Disliked in error

Doubt a 20ft would fit it’s probably just picking up the cargo

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                Disliked in error

Doubt a 20ft would fit it’s probably just picking up the cargo
                                Never suggested it would be carried in the hold, just that 1.5kg of ordnance could just as easily be carried on a pallet(or two), and loaded into a flatbed or back of a truck. If you put it into the back of a 20 foot you have to secure it in an otherwise empty box so it won't move as it is loaded or unloaded from the DROPS vehicle.

Comment

Working...
                                X