No announcement yet.

Court Martial & punishment in the DF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he called him a big prick rather than a little prick would he have got a harder or easier senstence.

Comment

If he worked in a civvy job would this have been reported in the media?
      If at first you don't succeed, then call in an airstrike.

Comment

Sounds like they wanted an excuse to get rid of him. Can't see thatv sentence standing; interesting to see that he has a few moretrials to get through as well.
        "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

That's a very harsh sentence.

I've heard worse being said between people without charges being brought against them. I'd imagine there was a lot more going on between the two Officers than just one little falling out, there must have been bad blood between the two from previous incidents.

Comment

Me thinks the other officer should invest in 360 degree vision!

Wonder what the mood is like in the Officers' Mess this morning?
            I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
            Who is number 1?

Comment

Hi all,
              Like all other DF cases that appear in court, there's a lot of background info that the public aren't getting. They're not seriously throwing the guy out for calling another guy a prick.If every guy who called another a prick, or worse, was thrown out of the DF, there'd be no-one left. He's being jettisoned because he's a pain in the neck. If he cops on and keeps his gob shut, he'll get to keep his pension and he can retire to write narky letters to newspapers.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

The poor performance report, justified or not, that triggered the exchange may be telling.
                Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                  Wonder what the mood is like in the Officers' Mess this morning?
                  Prickly, no doubt
                  "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Prickly, no doubt
                    badum.tsssh.

He's here all week folks.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                      ....People have long memories and past
                      unreliability/difficulty/bloodymindedness/unrulyness will be held against you,
                      unless you are percieved to have cleaned your sheet properly.
                      regards
                      GttC
                      I was told of this exact scenario happening to an NCO on a Career Course
                      The guy felt he was been binned in his tests because he had a run-in with
                      one of the instructors on an overseas trip

Having witnessed the standard of a couple of other individuals on the same
                      course who passed first go, I would have believed him too...

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                      If he worked in a civvy job would this have been reported in the media?
                      Doubtful...
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                        Hi all,
                        Like all other DF cases that appear in court, there's a lot of background info that the public aren't getting. They're not seriously throwing the guy out for calling another guy a prick.If every guy who called another a prick, or worse, was thrown out of the DF, there'd be no-one left. He's being jettisoned because he's a pain in the neck. If he cops on and keeps his gob shut, he'll get to keep his pension and he can retire to write narky letters to newspapers.
                        regards
                        GttC
                        There may be a lot of background information etc

but the only thing the Court Martial can decide upon is that whats befoore it
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Like all other DF cases that appear in court, there's a lot of background info that the public aren't getting.

The back round has no bearing unless its entered in evidence and unless the trail is based on a series of events.

Was he tried based on one remark or is this a culmination of events..?

If so each event has to be dealt with in a seperate case. This guy maybe a waste of space but I get the feeling he has been set up, either the full agenda is not on the table, in which case the whole thing is wrong, or the old boy network has conived to be rid of the guy!.

There won't be a civil judge in the country that will stand behind that punishment..if indeed the singular charge is the issue.

Work related stress illness..I'm amazed it even got to court.

Calling the CO a prick and getting your ticket.. no way.......! Something is badly wrong here. Worst case scenario loss of seniority ..couldn't even drop a rank if they wanted to.

Precedent set.. I would foresee full reinstatement with damages.

Firing squads and flogging are back on the agenda if this is upheld.

Not a witness in sight and this guy get the flick........try that in any other work place..I don't think so...
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Is being called a "Prick" really worthy of the punishment recieved though? In a civilian court, you'd have to call a member of AGS a lot of things before you were arrested for using Threatening and Insulting Language (s6 Public order I think) and even then while the possible penalties may appear severe, they were a Maximum, rather than an expectation.

I seem to recall the Air Corpse have traditionally been fond of using the Court Martial to punish its officers for the more petty of offences.

I remember back in the 80s a number of them got carpetted for resigning their commission to go work for an unnamed airline.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Didn't this guy get a letter from D. Early a while ago telling him to cop on and give

up his ongoing complaining. He may have being regarded as someone who did not

know when to give it up.?

Comment

Or maybe he was standing for something he believed in and believed the system/mentality of the established hierarchy was wrong or at the least needed to be brought to account.

I'm not on either side. But as Murph has said calling a senior rank a prick and being dismissed for it is a bit OTT
                                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
                                X