The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UniSol View Post
    3 RDF on the EOH last night, did a super job explaining why PhenGold is great and representing the 2 Cav Reserve element. There were plenty of them on the EOHs for the 2016 celebrations, St Patricks Day, Easter Sunday etc
    Do the guys from RDF regularly qualify for these sorts of things btw?
    Last edited by Vandeventer; 7 October 2022, 17:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vandeventer View Post
      Only 2 Bde Cav Sqn do the EoH, so only their members (PDF & RDF) do it.

There’s at 3 or 4 RDF guys have done the 6 week course.... if your trained and available

Comment

• Great course. Tough test.
        I did it about ten years ago, three students tested at a time. First half was slow speed control on the Square in the Brugha. Cones, driving onto a plank etc. The more you practice the better you get at it. The deauville is ideal for this, unfortunately you won't get a Deauville for the test. Pass/fail test. Fail here and you can get changed and head home. Stage 2 is on the road that afternoon. My test leg was Brugha to Blessington. Next student had Blessington to Naas. Last one was Naas to Rathmines, avoiding the Naas road of course.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• lol I remember being so surprised that FCA could drive motorbikes when I saw them on the square in Griffith in 87 , ah life was simpler then in FCA infantry
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

2 CIS RDF involvement in the Merrion Square Military Guard ceremony.
            Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

• Do the guys from RDF regularly qualify for these sorts of things btw?
              There is no bar on doing them.

Comment

• Correct & right Bayern Fan
                Bohs till I die

Comment

• Originally posted by bohs fan View Post
                  Correct & right Bayern Fan
                  Danke Kamerad
                  Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

There are upwards of 9 RDF lads who have the DR course done and also the extra EOH training completed and would regularly be asked to fill in numbers when 2 Cav PDF cant

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      Great course. Tough test.
                      I did it about ten years ago, three students tested at a time. First half was slow speed control on the Square in the Brugha. Cones, driving onto a plank etc. The more you practice the better you get at it. The deauville is ideal for this, unfortunately you won't get a Deauville for the test. Pass/fail test. Fail here and you can get changed and head home. Stage 2 is on the road that afternoon. My test leg was Brugha to Blessington. Next student had Blessington to Naas. Last one was Naas to Rathmines, avoiding the Naas road of course.
                      Had my test in 2008...did the whole course on the old 90-d GT550s and got a blue Deauville on test day

Comment

• Originally posted by UniSol View Post
                        Had my test in 2008...did the whole course on the old 90-d GT550s and got a blue Deauville on test day
                        You still serving, Unisol?
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• RDF participates in a NATO exercise

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            https://mobile.twitter.com/DF_COS/st...939300864?s=19

RDF participates in a NATO exercise
                            Not the first year the RDF have been involved with that exercise too.

Comment

• There are ways as well if RDF folks want to be involved in this area; if you do, PM me and we'll chat

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                There are ways as well if RDF folks want to be involved in this area; if you do, PM me and we'll chat
                                Outside of CIS?

Comment

Working...
                                X