No announcement yet.

Cessna Replacement - The Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a chance in hell of a drone, no hours for pilots, and with the fleet halved in recent years that would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tempest View Post
      Not a chance in hell of a drone, no hours for pilots, and with the fleet halved in recent years that would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.
      while, sadly, i don't disagree that thats how it will turn out, the question that the DOD and government should ask itself is 'since when do turkeys get a vote?'

Comment

• The military would see it as additional assets improving surveillance coverage and augmenting and complementing existing capabilities.
        The govt would see it as an alternative.
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• KOK KEK PEPE

The next post of this nature gets points, this isn't even humour...
          Last edited by Turkey; 20 October 2016, 13:41.

Comment

• "Single engine" and "advertised .... in near future"

Comment

• Larger single engine: Cessna caravan/PC12.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Flying in Ireland mag is giving the PC12 the nod

Comment

• While not a PC12 Eagle/Spectre U28A the video in the link gives a nice internal view of the MC12 Liberty

Video by Senior Airman Andrew Buchanan 9th Reconnaissance WingMC-12W Liberty Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR): Scenes include exterior and...

Comment

• Originally posted by pym View Post
                    Flying in Ireland mag is giving the PC12 the nod
                    From my ever diminishing internal sources, I get the same thing, besides I don't think the PC-12 is either suitable or desirable so that's what they will get, if this sounds cynical, well many of you have known me the guts of 15 years, the King Air is the only sensible choice.
                    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• 1 engine too many?

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                        1 engine too many?
                        Depends on your [accountants] point of view, the PC-12 could be said to have one engine too few..
                        "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                        Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                        Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• All the talk was of a twin, I'd say the financial realities say single

Comment

• Is this the one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTwHzqdCj14
                            Last edited by Galloglass; 1 November 2016, 21:53.

Comment

• how very clever :(

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                All the talk was of a twin, I'd say the financial realities say single
                                Multi engine complicates the training system. Ideally, once a wings course (on the PC9) is complete, the new pilot transitions to cessna single engine to get used to the business of flying for work. Adding a 2nd engine delays this transition, or removes this useful workup area to build flying hours.
                                A multi engine replacement would require a major policy change for the Air Corps, not known for their flexibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X