Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    Wow, just, wow.
    the Indo's a filthy rag that'd prefer if Irishmen died in their thousands for a few feet of muddy ground, led by General Melchett types.

It pisses em off to see an independent Ireland participating in peacekeeping ops, so they have a go at the DF every chance they get. Crusties or whatever ya call em etc are just clueless, whereas Independent Newpapers has a petty mean streak that manifests itself as a sort of postcolonial self hatred that they have sucessfully managed to peddle as "truth"

fuck 'em.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 1 December 2013, 21:53.
    If at first you don't succeed, then call in an airstrike.

Comment

• Originally posted by sofa View Post
      Indo today said he hurt his back dropping down a hatch
      Sooner a sore back than stopping a round in the chest/head all the same...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• As a aside, I heard that a Mowag wheel was shot off/blown off during the engagement, so it couldn't have been much fun there
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by sofa View Post
          Indo today said he hurt his back dropping down a hatch
          The MO said he was fine, his solicitor says he has whiplash
          Last edited by Flamingo; 2 December 2013, 19:01.
          'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
          'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
          Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
          He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
          http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            As a aside, I heard that a Mowag wheel was shot off/blown off during the engagement, so it couldn't have been much fun there
            Ya the pictures show how it could have been so much worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
              The rebels have shown themselves willing to take on Syrian armour, would a bigger gun have deterred them here?
              well, it wouldn't have made them even more keen to have a pop.

they take on Syrian armour because Syrian armour is usually firing at them, so taking it on is an act of self-preservation. firing on a lightly armed UN convoy painted white is an act of boredom, one with no consequences except a morale boost.

had the convoy been interspersed with white painted MBT's with relatively robust ROE's that boredom is somewhat more likely to hve been held in check.

Comment

• Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
                Link to pictures?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure
                  Or they now have a better understanding of what type of firepower the UN peacekeepers have and how far they can push the ROE. Which could have been used to build a bigger intelligence picture for planning who knows what down the road....

....or as Ropebag said, they could have been bored and got more than they bargained for.
                  I fear the next IED may be bigger. and the APC won' take it. Time to buy something that's tried and trusted from the A'stan surplus yard.??

or keep off the beaten tracks.??

Comment

• Originally posted by Schmigs View Post
                    Link to pictures?
                    Yeah that picture won't appear here
                    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by midnight oil View Post
                      Haven't seen any, TBH. Are they in the public domain ?

Comment

• Has this thread been moderated? I just noticed some posts including my own have been deleted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                          Has this thread been moderated? I just noticed some posts including my own have been deleted.
                          See Pm's...
                          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• Don't know if our lads are involved but the UNDOF have been as a force:-

The Israel Defense Forces has been providing humanitarian aid to Syrians living near the border, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon revealed on Tuesday during a tour of the frontier.

According to Ya’alon, Israel has sent water and food, including baby foods, across the border, and has been helping the Syrians prepare for winter.

“Given the fact that these villages are besieged and have no access to anyplace else, we are helping for humanitarian reasons,” the defense minister said. Haaretz has learned that the food is being transferred to the Syrian villages via the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force. Sometimes, however, IDF soldiers lay aid packages just across the border and the village residents collect them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                              The MO said he was fine, his solicitor says he has whiplash
                              A solicitor was probably following behind. "just it case"

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                                Yeah that picture won't appear here
                                It was worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X