The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Aw go on......you know you love a good oppertunity to expend rounds at someone elses cost.....
    I already do/will miss shooting ammo I don't have to pay for

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    might even let you bring your own weapon...
    Mine are "sporting firearms"
    Last edited by bunny shooter; 12 May 2013, 22:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
      I already do/will miss shooting ammo I don't have to pay for

Mine are "sporting firearms"
      Sporting firearms that have undergone a rigorous conversion process from their original military firearm role

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        Sporting firearms that have undergone a rigorous conversion process from their original military firearm role
        The Enfield is as it was issued The others were never military firearms

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Al View Post
          Got to correct you there Murph, it shows effective & non effective service
          Don't have it to hand but I think the newer discharge cert (see Admin Instr R5 c2005) just has dates of attestation and discharge.

AFAIK however it has reason for discharge, in this case it would say something along the lines of 2 years on non-effective list (at least that is the current position).

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
            if one were to join the premier teeth arm, one could 'dirty the other chaps kit' at a most respectable distance while drinking tea and having only the slightest muck on ones boots.

Artillery: bringing a dash of class and style to what would otherwise be a most vulgar affair...
            Cheers, just spat crunchy nut cornflakes all over my desk... lets hope the same Arty crews have now learned how to shave/get a haircut, been shown how to put on a uniform and also been issued a copy of the dress regs
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
              Cheers, just spat crunchy nut cornflakes all over my desk... lets hope the same Arty crews have now learned how to shave/get a haircut, been shown how to put on a uniform and also been issued a copy of the dress regs
              And A7 Discipline

Comment

...and also been issued a copy of the dress regs
                unlike the Infantry - or any of the other assorted rabble - a Gunner knows how to dress without having to be told...
                Last edited by ropebag; 13 May 2013, 12:00.

Comment

• Oh well in fairness, this was last year I guess, and it wasnt the uniform per se that was the problem, i mean the gunners that IM talking about, well they had actually managed to put the trousers and shirts on the right body parts - even the right way around in some cases - it was probably, oh the 2 foot long grey pony tail and, I dunno, the sideburns and biker beard which are so 1918 right now, that seemed somewhat lacking in de rigeur!

gunners... the hells angels of the army
                  "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

...gunners... the hells angels of the army
                    they sound rather like tramps - are you sure they weren't Loggies or other such lowlife who'd rifled through the stores looking for something to hide their shame?

Comment

• we had an influx of arty into the glen last year to fire the 120s (i think) and they honestly looked very messy indeed.

Comment

we had an influx of arty into the glen last year to fire the 120s (i think) and they honestly looked very messy indeed.
                        Some of them recently got "reorged" into infantry, it's going to be entertaining on summercamp.
                        Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Mine are "sporting firearms
                          Have you the bayonet?

Got to correct you there Murph, it shows effective & non effective service
                          Thanks...mine only mentions effective service.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                            Have you the bayonet?................
                            Have one but I don't think it's the one I should have. The rifle is 1944 but the bayonet is a later model
                            Last edited by bunny shooter; 13 May 2013, 17:58.

Comment

• Fadó fadó...

there was a PA in Cork. who was a biker.

He had a pony tail which was fine as he managed for many years to conceal it under his cap....until he found himself one day for Prayers.........off cap...hair down to his arse......!
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
                                they sound rather like tramps - are you sure they weren't Loggies or other such lowlife who'd rifled through the stores looking for something to hide their shame?
                                Oi ! Less of that shite...
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X