Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if you got the chance to modify a vehicle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC-235 - we could make the AC-235 IR (instead of fitting all the mad sensors etc, just angle grinder a hole in the side, shove the bofors barrel out through it and then reinforce the floot and bolt the bofors to it :D :D :D
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmit� View Post
      Would you put the scorpion 76 on the roof or the belly, where the radar used to be?
      i was going to slice the 76 out of the turret :D but maybe sticking the turret upside down on the belly would be better!
      "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

why did the diesel conversion of the Landys and Bedfords fail, when the manufacturer succeeded in due course
        Trying to mate wrong engines, gear boxes and electrical systems being the issue, doing it on the cheap as opposed to having it done correctly as usual

I'd have converted the Comets
        Mechanics were 30 years old at the point of retirement
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Pity we have gone with Ford F150s, there is just so much available with the second-hand Toyota technical!

You start with the standard twin 23mm mount on the back, always a good one to blast away with. If you want to have a bit more bang then the Toyota-BMP packs a handy 73mm cannon but to give that indirect fire the new in this years collection is a Chinese Mk56 MLRS on the back. If you want you can also get the option support struts added for a few Ak47s more.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
            the 76mm shell is probably too light as a bombardment round unless you gave it terminal guidance of some kind.
            Then stick a 25 pounder out the side door, Does the floor have tie down rings.?

Comment

Originally posted by EUFighter View Post
              What we could have done is something the Canadians did with their Piranha I based AVGP variant the Cougar. Just take the turret from the Scorpions and mount it onto a MOWAG.
              Which would be a bit like putting a record player in a car

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                Which would be a bit like putting a record player in a car
                45 or 78?
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Working...
                X