X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    works for me
    Not for me...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• I saw it at 1 point - it is gone now

Comment

• Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
        My unit has put out the warning orders for Arduous Serpent and Cambrian Patrol.
        The powers that be have withdrawn from both competitions, Arduous Serpent has now been replaced by the AMS shoot.
        Last edited by rod and serpent; 5 December 2012, 22:51.

Comment

• Cambrian patrol 2013 is finished.Irish team took part for the first time this year.Winners of the DF recce concentration earlier this year AFAIK.Any of our BA copusins know how our lads got on??http://www.army.mod.uk/news/25847.aspx
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
            Cambrian patrol 2013 is finished.Irish team took part for the first time this year.Winners of the DF recce concentration earlier this year AFAIK.Any of our BA copusins know how our lads got on??http://www.army.mod.uk/news/25847.aspx
            no details as yet - i am just chuffed you guys made it onto the competition. well done regardless as i know a massive hurdle has been crossed internally just to take part.

good stuff.
            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
              Cambrian patrol 2013 is finished.Irish team took part for the first time this year.Winners of the DF recce concentration earlier this year AFAIK.Any of our BA copusins know how our lads got on??http://www.army.mod.uk/news/25847.aspx
              Yes the team was made up of the winners of this years Recce Concentration plus a number of others from the same unit. They got a silver medal what ever that equals too.
              RoyalGreenJacket your unit seems to have given them a hard time in Wales, kicking them out of some of the facilities as soon as the seen they were Irish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                Yes the team was made up of the winners of this years Recce Concentration plus a number of others from the same unit. They got a silver medal what ever that equals too.
                RoyalGreenJacket your unit seems to have given them a hard time in Wales, kicking them out of some of the facilities as soon as the seen they were Irish.
                Well done on the Silver Medal lads!

I'd be very disappointed to hear that there was any mistreatment of the DF being hosted by the BA. Is that a real message?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                  Well done on the Silver Medal lads!

I'd be very disappointed to hear that there was any mistreatment of the DF being hosted by the BA. Is that a real message?
                  Yes it happened.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Rhodes.

Did it have any impact on the lads' performance on the patrol? I hope it didn't taint any future endeavours with the Cambrian Patrol, this seems like a good thing going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                      Sorry to hear that Rhodes.

Did it have any impact on the lads' performance on the patrol? I hope it didn't taint any future endeavours with the Cambrian Patrol, this seems like a good thing going forward.
                      It didn't effect them on the actual two day exercise but they were there for a week.

Comment

• i ****ing dispair sometimes, i really do.

Comment

• Silver is a decent result and well done on that - that's what we achieved on ours but we lost a bloke (no duff casualty).

as for the alleged mistreatment - none of us can comment until we know the details.

was 1RIFLES the hosting unit for ONH?
                          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 24 October 2013, 17:51.
                          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Good result for first time run out
                            Last edited by sofa; 24 October 2013, 21:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by sofa View Post
                              ...Good result for first time run out
                              it certainly is, for a first time effort with new weapons, new comms, new terrain and probably some different drills - and not to mention some very high expectations in the home units - its very, very good.

Comment

• Top left corner

Comment

Working...
                                X