No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Service foreign trips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• endless people have tried to get recognition for patrols to unifil etc but without sucess it is a case i think if we dont get them ye wont

Comment

• There was a commemorative coin/badge of sorts struck for Eithne's Argentina trip. I am lucky to have one in my posession.
      It is based on the Ships crest and bore a figure of Guillermo Brown in one half.
      Nice little momento.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• le NIAMH

Looks like they made Miami safely.

Comment

• Current estimates see L.E.Niamh returning to Cork early Thursday Morning.
          By all accounts looking at the facebook page, they are in for a very warm welcome from Family members.
          Never before has the NS been in a position where some of the crews mammies can follow their every move when on a foreign trip.
          It really makes the NS more family friendly in this wrapped in cotton wool society.

Changing times, and great to see the NS(and the DFPO moving with them). Some may say "it wasn't like that in my day" etc. But if things didn't change with time, the NS would still have messdecks, and soup kitchens would be a growth industry.

Comment

• The Irish Naval Service vessel, the LE Niamh, returns to base at Haulbowline in Cork Harbour tomorrow following a ten-week mission to Latin America.

Comment

• Id say all of the crew just want to get off the ship and go home. Thats how most of the eithne lads felt back in 2006.

Comment

• Well done to the sea hags

they should be met with all the works

band- chief- families and speeches

I still think there should be some type of medal for time spent at sea
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post

I agree pity the top brass dont get the finger out!

Comment

• A medal for doing the job you signed up to?

Comment

• Never knew so many of my old buddies from school were in the Naval service. Met two of them that I hadn't seen in years. They were on the Niamh. Great work lads!

Must dig out that old class photo, I reckon there's 10+ out of a class of 30 that are serving with the DF now (either PDF or RDF)
                      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tempest View Post
                        A medal for doing the job you signed up to?
                        if you are military you should know that....whats the point or suggestion in your question

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                          if you are military you should know that....whats the point or suggestion in your question
                          Originally Posted by hedgehog

There was no point or suggestion apart from the admittedly facetious "A medal for doing the job you signed up to?"

What next, a medal for artillery people's time spent in the Glen, a medal for an EOD officer's time spent studying explosives.....

Service is service, and kudos for that, and you have medals for that. Air sea or land.

Comment

• do you spend 11 weeks in the glen...... the point is if the defence forces did not have un missions every one with a bit of service would have only one medal....that would look good...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tempest View Post
                              A medal for doing the job you signed up to?
                              Try doing a 2 year sea rotation and then say there should be no need for a medal for so many years spent at sea.

Over the years servicemen and officers have got Dsms and they were only doing the job they signed up to literally.

Comment

• back to you tempest

Comment

Working...
                                X