Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
    Define relevant for an NSR officer candidate
    Engineering or anything out of the NCMI I suppose.

Comment

• nit and Individual dependant I suppose.

What would help of course is making pay easier to admin.

CO to approve up to 14 days
      GOC up to 21 days
      DJ7 up to 42 days
      Then DoD

1 form submitted on the 1st Monday of attendance for pay (no nominations etc have to be sent)
      None of that matters for getting onto a course. The fact remains - these courses run all the time and people need to wake up to the fact, and that their CoC should be working to a career plan for every troop post 3*

Ex post facto bureaucracy is just orderly room muckabout
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Marine Engineering
        Electrical Engineering
        Bridge Watchkeeping
        Medicine

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          None of that matters for getting onto a course. The fact remains - these courses run all the time and people need to wake up to the fact, and that their CoC should be working to a career plan for every troop post 3*

Ex post facto bureaucracy is just orderly room muckabout
          .... Should be ....

It isn’t entirely a unit level issue issue either

Comment

• Originally posted by Sluggie View Post
            Marine Engineering
            Electrical Engineering
            Bridge Watchkeeping
            Medicine
            My next question being..... can NSR officers hold these appointments afloat?
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Well about 2/3 years ago, 2 NSR Officers received their (NS) Naval Watchkeeping Certs

Comment

• Marine Engineering
                Electrical Engineering
                Bridge Watchkeeping
                Medicine
                Information Technology

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Well about 2/3 years ago, 2 NSR Officers received their (NS) Naval Watchkeeping Certs
                  Yes indeed, I know that but given that Naval engineers , electrical etc need to be trained in the job a flaot and hold various appointments before they can be let loose on their own is there now a structure in place to allow these people get up to speed with the job a float and then serve in the appointments...or are the qualifications mere a filter to get people to officers courses?
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Well there is only 1 AB on the course (the remainder being LS’s)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      Well there is only 1 AB on the course (the remainder being LS’s)
                      Who all hold a relevant degree?.....so a degree is now required to be commissoned from the ranks in NSR?

Comment

As defined in Administrative Instruction R5 Murph
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Who all hold a relevant degree?.....so a degree is now required to be commissoned from the ranks in NSR?
                          No you need to be a NCO or hold a degree/other useful qualification

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            As defined in Administrative Instruction R5 Murph
                            I don't have acces to R5 hence the questions!!!

Comment

I don't have acces to R5 hence the questions!!!
                              Ahhh yes - bugger, I forgot
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• An excellent announcement from @DF_COS that Colonel Brian Cleary has been appointed to oversee the #RDF. The Association is looking forward to working with him in his new capacity 🇮🇪 @defenceforces @PeterOHalloran1 @dfpo
                                what * and why ? out of all the myriad things needed - this ? My Unit commander oversees me and gives me standards to meet .... that is the best thing about the 2012 reorg .... did CS4 get changed while I was out having a smoke ?

Last edited by trellheim; 13 July 2018, 18:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X