No announcement yet.

Irish Naval Mediterranean EU rescue patrols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PONTUS and EUNAVFOR MED/SOPHIA are 2 completely different missions.

One is exclusively Irish (based on a MOU with the Italians I think) with an exclusively humanitarian mandate to rescue refugees from a dangerous journey as distressed mariners

SOPHIA is a EU mission which part of a comprehensive EU approach to stopping people smuggling, training Libyian personnel and enforcing the arms embargo on Libya.

Ireland is not a participant in SOPHIA (although no doubt they liase/deconflict with it)
    Last edited by DeV; 17 May 2017, 15:20.

Comment

• Yeah it's a ferry service. The countries below should be the only mobs involved as they participated in the Libyan Airshow sorry I mean operation let's create another Somalia on Europe's doorstep.

NATO

Belgium
      Bulgaria
      Canada
      Denmark
      France
      Greece
      Italy
      Netherlands
      Norway
      Romania
      Spain
      United Kingdom
      United States
      Jordan
      Qatar
      Sweden

United Arab Emirates
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Maybe it wasn't as clear cut as we taught

Comment

• So Italy doesn't want us to pick and choose which refugees we take? Surprising considering so many illegal eh immigrants entered using fake Italian identity documents.
          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Reports in the Indo that Eithne will leave tomorrow for operations:

Comment

• Departed today.

Comment

• I notice on ns facebook recently some aerial photos of eithne in the med taken from low altitude, have the ns invested in quadcopters / drones?

Comment

• Its unusual that Eithne hasnt rescued any migrants after nearly two weeks on patrol, i wonder has something happened on the ground in libya to prevent the flow, She would normally be heading towards italy at this stage with her decks full.

Comment

• She left Italy earlier this week. Currently operating south of Malta.

Comment

• Originally posted by restless View Post
                      I notice on ns facebook recently some aerial photos of eithne in the med taken from low altitude, have the ns invested in quadcopters / drones?

Comment

[ATTACH]8442[/ATTACH]
                        Links not working.

Comment

• Sorry, i cant seem to get it to paste off the ns facebook page. any suggestions?

Comment

Sorry, i cant seem to get it to paste off the ns facebook page. any suggestions?
                            Was it this one?https://www.facebook.com/irishnavals...type=3&theater

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
                              No, if you scroll away down the fb page to a posting from 2nd or 4th of june i think, looks like drone view of rhib. ex off libya.

Comment

• DRONE Camera

Originally posted by restless View Post
                                No, if you scroll away down the fb page to a posting from 2nd or 4th of june i think, looks like drone view of rhib. ex off libya.
                                There were drone shots taken of the ship just before departure to the Mediterranean. There were recent drone shots, including one overhead of P31 on passage in AOP in or about 7th/8th June. In respect of the ship's usage, her actions are being controlled by Italian CG and it is conceivable they are being held on LAST Call or NOT at all due to political exigencies . The only other reason for a quiet theater, is that the departures from Libya have somehow been stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X