New Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aircraft

So its as good as official..we are getting the Pilatus PC-9m...what opinions,if any do the users here make of this?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Well I suppose Propeller Driven Aircraft are good training AirCraft the Only Problem is What are they Training For?? flying the Government jet?? No wait you have to have experience in Jets to do that!!
    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Pilatus PC-9M

I favoured the PC-9 from the start, so I am pleased with the choice.

However, there has been no mention, so far, of a ground simulator being part of the deal.
      Surely we should get at least one of them ?
      IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

I tend to agree that the politicians seem to be heading down the road of removing the SAR role from the Aer Corps portfolio.This is pathetic as it now allows the minister to opt out of buying military spec machines for the Coast guard role and down size the requirement for purley military machines.
        In actual fact there is no requirement for capital investment as the SAR role can now be tendered out for lease indefinetly.

Ok so the have announced the procurement of the PC 9. We have no use for a lead in jet trainer unless he intends on purchasing jets (some hope!)
        How long before he cancels the order?
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

New aircrafts

I suppose they will cancel the PC-9 order after the local government elections, if they are running to their usual form.
          I won't belive they are coming till I see them on finals at Bal'.:D :D :D
          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I won't even believe it then.How many types have lined up on finals to be diverted.Until somebody damages one then I'll believe as the taxpayer will have to fit the bill.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Interesting rumours heard over Christmas.....
              1. The American Ambassador to Ireland has resigned his job...possibly because the dirt that will be dug up relating to the Sikorsky deal could ruin the respect that the Ambassadors position holds,possibly because of insider trading,possibly because he wishes to Pul the plug on His company Based in cork..EMC
              2. The S92 is no longer favoured as an option for the Medium lift heli(the tender process of which was re advertised about the time the whole controversy broke and the french objected) The EH101 and the EC 725 Cougar is still favoured though.
              3. The New GASU heli is to patrol the Dublin area only because of its limited range.

Looks well though.(from http://homepage.eircom.net/~eihelicopters/milindex.htm

Anyone hear any more about this?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Extract from Today's Irish times:

Air Corps training aircraft to cost Euro40m

A €40 million contract to buy eight new aircraft for the Air Corps is due to be completed next week
                "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

Working...
                X