The Eye in the Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eye in the Sky

This morning about 10 o clock I was travelling into the city center, the city was still quiet dispite this been the demented shopper brigade time of year,The drone of rotar blades filled the air,: The Garda helicopter was circling me, or at least it seemed that way, I took a quick snapshot with my compact digital. Reminded me of the film Apocalpse Now.
    I love the smell of a Big Mac in the morning
    Attached Files

I know the feeling. Having been in college in *somewhere on OS map 50* the damn thing is a regular occurence.

When you move up from the country, you stop noticing the sirens wailing past.
    If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

The EC135 is a very quiet machine, compared to some of the eggbeaters round these parts.

Bloody Bell yokes with the undercarriage in pods sounds like the end of the world is heading your way..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Their always up there...

I remeber getting of a bus in abbey street a few weeks ago and i swear the bloody thing followed (not very covertly either!) me all the way to harcourt street before heading off some where else.....im not paranoid or anything......
        These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Joe View Post
          The Garda helicopter was circling me, or at least it seemed that way,
          I have to agree with you there, i walked from henry street to st stephens green and it really did feel like it was following me. also while sitting outside the department of public works i saw what looked like a casa fly overhead and then circle around. quite odd.
          Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

They seem to do a flight over the south city most nights at about 2am. I live on a square and the reverberation is "interesting".

Well its not quite as bad as a bunch of kids doing their own version of the Haka at 9am Saturday.
            Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

The EC135 is very quiet, especially compared to the S61 from the coastguard which seems to buzz my house about twice a week, not that I`m complaining at all!!!
              Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

Try living in london. The Mets Air Support Unit in one of their Squirrels flies around my house almost on a daily basis. The bloody thing is loud and at times flies so low that I think its about to land on the roof. Cant wait till they get the EC145s. They should be Quieter then the Squirrels.
                It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                It was the year everything changed.

Comment

In Belfast there was always a Gazelle hovering over the city centre, now that thing was loud, and recently the new PSNI EC135 has been a regular visiter to the city centre. Like most people here I got the feeling I was being followed but they were probably chasing someone.
                  Theirs not to make reply,
                  Theirs not to reason why,
                  Theirs but to do and die:
                  Into the valley of Death
                  Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by mugs View Post
                    In Belfast there was always a Gazelle hovering over the city centre, now that thing was loud, and recently the new PSNI EC135 has been a regular visiter to the city centre. Like most people here I got the feeling I was being followed but they were probably chasing someone.
                    Part of this was deliberate psychological warfare as the presumption was there that the helicopter carried more kit than it actually did, simply because it could / might be carrying it.
                    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

An old friend returns . . . .

Is it a bird ? Is it a plane ? Is it the Garda helicopter ? Err . . .yes it is, watching me again recently. Pictured over Nassau street.
                      Ok lads, its a fair cop, I give up, yes I admit to my crime, it was me who took the DF teacup from the dining hall in the Glen while on annual camp last year.
                      " YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, ANYTHING YOU SAY . . . . . .! "
                      Attached Files

Comment

Didn't you post that before?

Comment

No not this one, posted another one a while back, same aircraft, different location.

Comment

at least theres only one garda heli where im at in colage in england the RAF base were the police pilots train is ten minates up the road and there are atleast four which fly about fifty feet up most of the time. One made a emergacy landing on the rugby pitch after it got a touch from another heli both survived no one injured
                            Aut Vincere Aut Mori
                            "Conquer or Die"

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Joe View Post
                              No not this one, posted another one a while back, same aircraft, different location.
                              I see....

(backs away)

Comment

Working...
                              X