Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you rate?

Hi all
    Of all the foreign forces you overseas types have served with, who do you rate as useful types and who do you regard as oxygen thieves and why?
    regards
    GttC

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    Hi all
    Of all the foreign forces you overseas types have served with, who do you rate as useful types and who do you regard as oxygen thieves and why?
    regards
    GttC
    I have worked with brits, kiwis, aussie, yanks, fins, sweedes, dutch etc. Best i have worked with is the kiwis in timor. Absoloutely top class guys. Brits are very good to work with too. Didn't like the yanks though!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
      Hi all
      regards
      GttC
      The Poles are the most useless soldiers known to humanity.
      sigpic
      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
      My favourite moment was when the
      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by mortar_man View Post
        Didn't like the yanks though!!
        On a personal level or their forces? Which service did you work with and where? Just curious..
        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
          Have to disagree... Ghanbatt were the neighbouring Battalion to us . During the trip of the 59Bn the CP at Tibnin Bridge came under HMG fire at night. The origin of fire was within 300m of the Ghan position at Sultiniah.... I was on duty in The Bn Comcen when the Ghan's came on the Motorala to complain that some of the Irish of return fire was impacting close to their positon... as usual at night the Ghan CP's were empty. The Irish were being fired at by a DSHK that was mounted on a 4wd that drove through the Ghan CP..

Comment

Originally posted by mortar_man View Post
            Didn't like the yanks though!!
            We dont like you either !

RM among the best, Peruvian "Special Forces" not very special, Russians were just plain scary .
            When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
            All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

Excellent Rhodesians, Australians, Kiwis, Brits, Botswana
              Useless,
              Nigerians, Zambians, Egyptians,

Comment

Thats conscription for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by B Inman View Post
                  Have to disagree... Ghanbatt ...
                  I voted for the Poles because they built 620A at the rate of one block per day and also because one of their 20 stone nurses objected to getting a radiographer off the beach in Naquora to X-Ray my ankle because it was Good Friday.
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Have worked with the Canadians, Turks, Greeks & Yanks, thought the the Canooks & the Turks were the best

Comment

What do you expect theyre also fairly useless at shelf packing. I shudder to think what theyre like with rifles.

Comment

Good,
                        brits,swedes,french,germans,czechs,kiwis,aussies,n orwegians.
                        bad,
                        Finns,yanks,indians.
                        crap,
                        Pakistanis,ghans,poles,bangladeshis.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

How many of the "bad" are conscripts, and how many of the "Good" are professional soldiers?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I voted for the Poles because they built 620A at the rate of one block per day and also because one of their 20 stone nurses objected to getting a radiographer off the beach in Naquora to X-Ray my ankle because it was Good Friday.
                            Did security for the Bn Comd on the 82 Bn and I swear the Poles put down a block leveled it checked it had a can of beer

and repeated for each block

Brits- very very good

Aussies and New Zelandsers- Very very good

French Good but arrogant bastards

Germans- Arrogant bastards and shite

Fijians- go through anything you tell them to-

Nordic- some fine women- some scary women- some fine soldiers some shite soldiers

Nigerians- Ghanians Pakistanians- Bangladeshi- Pure and utterly badly lead but have the ability to be good

Russians- brutal and thieving bastards

Yanks- I have served with them in 3 different MA and whilst they have the best combat support

the majority of their troops were scaringly undertrained and so full of themselves

but saying that- I served with them pre Afghanistan and Pre Present day Iraq and with the

experience they have gained there they MAY be better than I give them credit for.
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Hi all
                              With what little experience I have of military contact with foreigners, here goes;
                              Americans......efficient, friendly and enthusiastic but a bit arrogant(we're better than everybody,ever!)
                              Brits....very efficient, friendly, always up for a bit of drinking,etc.Loved coming to South in their military capacity.Only "chippy" Brit I ever encountered was a Loyal Son of Ulster, down to Baldonnel in a Wessex.He hated us and we didn't like him much either.God knows who decided to send him South.
                              French...arrogant/surly/bit sniffy but open to giving tours of their aircraft when asked.Would only speak English when spoken to.
                              Nordics....always very friendly, efficient and open for visits. Well up for drinking,etc. Gorgeous female flight crew always a bonus.Only exception was a sour bollox from Finland who forbade his mech from talking to us.The international language of smokes and coffee took care of that.
                              Italians...very friendly and open.Loved coming to the Don for a big ....-up.None of them ever seemed in the slightest hurry.
                              Apart from that, I worked with lots of Yanks in an industrial capacity and they can do the business, especially when it comes to large projects.Very,very good technically and always well-equipped.
                              I knew a guy who worked with the Ukrainians on UN missions and hated them with a passion, regarding them as a battalion of unrepentant thieves, who would steal anything, drink anything and were virtually entirely untrustworthy to do any job.
                              regards
                              GttC

Comment

Working...
                              X