Aircraft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft?

Hey all, Irish-American new to this board (i.e. I'm not as up to speed on all aspects of the Irish military :D ). Question though for those in the know, I have some questions:

1) What's up with the Aer Corps fighter aircraft? I mean, Ireland isn't the most active of countries in terms of military sorties, but even neutral Switzerland has F-14's! Is the government considering anything more advanced than the Marchettis and PC-9's?

2) Will Ireland enter NATO? Are they not there due to not having a large enough military or something?

Thanks,

Mike
    "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

The swiss have F14s? When did they get the aircraft carrier?
    Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Short Answer to question 1: No, and if they are, they're not telling us
      It would seem like the PC-9's are a steping stone towards something more advanced, but in the current economic climate and finantial situation it doesn't look likely.

Short Answer to question 2: No, it doesn't look like we will enter NATO in the forseable future (I know this has been debated here before).

Comment

The swiss have F/A-18s not F-14s

What sort of amercian are you if you cant tell the differance between a F-14 and a F/A-18?

Comment

Re:F-14's

Whoops, just noticed that. I knew it wasn't the F-16, so the 14 came to mind for some reason. Maybe they operate F-14's off Lake Constance.
          "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Working...
          X