• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Duncannon Show 2007

Hi lads been asked to post this:

"Munster Military Vehicle and re-enactment Group
    Would like to Announce
    Duncannon 2007

Duncannon Fort Multi Period Military Re-enactment and Vehicle Show will take place again this year on the June Bank Holiday Weekend 2,3,4 th. Any one with any query's on this years show can contact either Emmet at emmet@waterfordmilitary.com or Joe at jjotoole@eircom.net.

More information will be issued in due course

We will welcome interest from any re-enactment ,living history and vehicle groups from any period in history. Traders who wish to attend are asked to make contact as soon as possible."

Book the same weather as last year if possible.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Duncannon Fort show

Duncannon Fort Multiperiod Military Re-enactment and Vehicle Show 2007

Preparations are going well for this years show. There is growing interest both at home ,the UK and Europe with many groups enquiring about coming to participate and attend. We have received good press in the military vehicle and re-enactment publications since last years show, with articles and pictures of the event appearing on several occasions, both at home and overseas .
      StenaLine are again doing a very generous deal on all their routes for this event from the UK.
      We look forward to this years event and hope it will be bigger and better than before. There will be some minor changes to last year ,but we hope these will be for the benefit of the participants and the public alike. As last year this will be the only three day event in Ireland , 2nd 3rd 4th of June [Bank Holiday Weekend]
      Anyone wishing for more information with regard to this event can e- mail me on emmet@waterfordmilitary.com

Never fear the Hammer is Here

Comment

Just a reminder to everyone that this show is on this weekend.

No rehash of old threads. Just discuss the show, not its participants or thread will be closed.
        Last edited by Docman; 28 May 2007, 11:52.

Comment

Duncannon 2007

Many thanks to all who took part in this years Duncannon Show. It being my first time visiting the event, I must say it was extremely informative and a wonderful display of military history. The participants are some of the most friendly and knowledgeable people you can meet. Their enthusiasim and dedication to the restoration, and display of military history is greatly appreciated. Never before did I think I would be able to examine in my hands an authentic MG 34, Mauser rifle, Thompson, M1 carbine, the list goes on.

Their dedication to the show, even in what can only be described as attrocious weather, is greatly acknowledged and appreciated. I drove 2.5 hours to get there and missed the battle reenactment, but even still, the static displays and friendliness of all involved made it more than worth while. I will definatley be back to visit next year.

Once again, a very big thank you to all involved.

P.S. Photos to come
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Been there ...great day today..if the gallery worked my photos would be seen...loved it all .. great people spent hours just talking..lovely people great show....thanks Emmet ..and every one involved..Pat Brennan..great memories..Thanks
            Last edited by hptmurphy; 4 June 2007, 20:38.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

A very Surreal sight

This is not meant to be inflamatory or prejudical towards any one..just struck me as a fantastic..what if? photo oppertunity.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

sweet weeping Jesus,

great pic

********ing ******sts ***
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

As Isaid just a good foto oppertunity...it might help to say that the redcoats were trying to recruit and having fun in the moat below...

Comment

I was only winding you up

I wouldnt be there greatest fan

but that was one hell of a pic
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

its just apic thats all ..thanks

Comment

Anyone got any pics of the hanging? I wasnt in a position to be taking pics at the time.....

Comment

Anyone got any pics of the redcoat hanging? I was occupied at the time...:wink:

Comment

I was there on the saturday..saw the redcoat re enactment...didn't involve a hanging....just some drill and some shots fired.

Comment

oh yea that was earlier in the day the hanging was later and on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X